A Thank You Letter To The Under-Appreciated Mom

Because spoken words aren't enough.
48

To the woman who puts in a lot more than 40 hours a week,

I can not begin to name the countless things that you've done for me over the years that I'll never be able to pay you back for. The list is infinite. You've given me everything. Sometimes I even forget to thank you for some of these things. Sometimes I use the excuse that I'm just too busy. I get too wrapped up in my crazy life that I forget my manners and I forget to call you and thank you for the things you do for me. It only takes a few seconds to do this and we both know you've raised me better. I can't promise you that I will never forget to tell you how much I appreciate you, but I can promise you that even when it doesn't feel like it, you should know that you are.

I have so much respect for you and the things you do for me and for everyone else. It takes a strong woman to be able to handle the workload that you do and still have time to treat others with such kindness. You have such a big heart. You're always putting others over yourself. You make everyone feel like they are important. You give everything you have to everyone else and you never run out of energy to give more. Nothing hurts me more than to see you upset, and I try everything I can to make it better for you. My ultimate goal is to make you the proudest mom that you can ever be.

A kindly written thank you letter will never be enough, but it's a good start. Thank you for putting up with me. Thank you for being the strongest person I know. Thank you for always putting everyone before yourself. Thank you for working as much as you do, and then coming home and working more. Thank you for providing for everyone. Thank you for always staying positive. Thank you for all of the advice. Thank you for letting me cry, but never for too long. Thank you for pushing me to limits that I never thought were possible. Thank you for being my support system. Thank you for making all of my bad days better and all of my good days perfect. Thank you for listening to me complain and making all of my troubles go away. Thank you for feeding me. Thank you for giving me a beautiful home. Thank you for being the thousands of other jobs it takes to be a mom and never once complaining about being a chauffer/coach/maid/cook/nurse/therapist all at the same time. Thank you for never getting too mad at me, but always teaching me a lesson. Thank you for molding me into the person I am today. Thank you for being you. Thank you for being my mom.

Thanks,