An Open Letter to my Best Friends

An Open Letter to my Best Friends

This is a letter to the people that have always been by my side.

9
An Open Letter to my Best Friends

To my people,

When I sit back and think about all of the fun times we have had over the years I can’t help but think how lucky I am to have you as my best friends. I could not be more thankful that you have always stuck right by my side. There are so many things that I haven’t thanked you for so this is for you.

Thank you for loving me unconditionally. You truly love me for who I am. I have not had to change who I am to impress you guys and that means the world to me. Thank you for loving my weird quirks and my awkwardness. Thank you for knowing me better than I know myself. You guys always know when to brighten my day. I could be having the worst day ever and somehow you just know. Nothing makes my day better than getting a phone call from you, waking up to a package, or coming home with chocolate chip cookies for me. Thank you for reading my mind and always being there for me.

You guys believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself. You have never stopped believing in me and that is why I am where I am today. It does not go unnoticed when you post all over social media for my first softball game or sit in the stands in the freezing cold just to watch me run one event. You have taught me what it is like not to quit when the going gets tough. You’re my motivation to keep doing what I am doing. Thank you for being my cheerleaders and best friends on the field.

You all keep me smiling. There are so many occasions I can think of when we just spent the whole night laughing and goofing off and jamming to Shawn Mendes. Even though I would never say it to your faces, I kind of enjoy when you pick on me and make up a different middle name for me – and then convincing everyone else that Barbara Anne is my real name. You always manage to bring me up when I’m down. Thank you for keeping me sane.

Finally, thank you for always being there for me. We have all gone through horrible situations, but we get through them with each other. Thank you for always answering my FaceTime calls at Midnight and talking to me for hours on end about everything. I know I can always count on you to be there or me, whether it’s really late at night or in the middle of the day. I love you guys and I am so blessed to have you in my life.

Love Always,

Barb