A Thank You Letter To "Pretty Little Liars"

Thank you for seven years!

89

via GIPHY

">

Dear Pretty Little Liars,

Finally after seven seasons, we got to see who was "A" then "AD". As a PLL fan, I have been on the rollercoaster since day one with all the deaths, make-outs, hook-ups, break-ups, lies, and secrets. We all witnessed and felt every little emotion the liars felt during all seven seasons. Some episodes leaving us in tears while others screaming at our TVs due to cliffhangers.

Thank you for teaching us what true friendship is and what it takes to always have each other's backs no matter what the outcome could be. Friends are the people we choose to become family with, and the liars taught us no matter how dark the secret is that they would be there for love and support.

Thank you for teaching us how to deal with heartbreaks and how to move-on. We all witnessed the heartbreaks personally from Aria and Ezra to Hannah and Caleb to Spencer and Toby to Emily and Paige. We were all crying along with the liars because felt our hearts breaking, too. You showed us how to be strong after our hearts have been ripped out of our chests. To never let a man define who we are or who we become.

Thank you for teaching how to stay true to ourselves no matter what. We all know what happened in PLL could never really happen, but did show that be truly who you are is what matters the most. Post Dollhouse, we all saw how that affected the lairs but also pushed them to better themselves. (No, I don't condoned what happened at all, but let's all be real the liars did change for the better.)

TO SPENCER:

via GIPHY

">

Thank you for teaching us that being intelligent can be beautiful. That no matter how we came to be, it doesn't define who we are. That family doesn't mean you have to be related by blood, but instead by the love between one another. Thank you for showing a real issue when it comes to addiction and what it takes to get help and over come it. Thank you for showing the struggle when it comes to unplanned pregnancies and how they can affect you internally.

TO EMILY:

via GIPHY

">

Thank you for showing your love struggle and becoming who you are. We all know the internal struggle when it comes to love, but you showed the struggle that people of the LGBTQ++ community goes through. Thank you for always being the "glass half full" friend and always looking at the bright side. Thank you for expressing the pain that comes when a dream is ripped from you and how strong you have to be to find a new one.

TO HANNA:

via GIPHY

">

Thank you for always being the friend that will never leave anyone no matter what they have done to you. Thank you for showing the hardships that come from being in a single-parent household and all the things we have to give up to make sure our mothers can provide. Your strength came from within and that following your dreams is a must no matter how big. Thank you for following your heart when it comes to love and then marriage.

TO ARIA:

via GIPHY

">

Thank you for never caring what people thought about what you, and for always wearing and showing your creative side. Thank you for showing us that your true love will always prevail, no matter what has happened. Fighting for who we love is the greatest lesson you taught. That age was just a number. (But not your teacher IRL) Thank you for showing what children go through when their parents split up and how everything changes.

TO ALI:

via GIPHY

">

Thank you for teaching us that our past doesn't define who we are, and that the past you isn't who is standing in front of you. Our past mistakes are just that, in the past. Thank you for showing us that families can be crazy and messy but still love each other and want what is best. Thank you for loving Emily, because I know that all PLL fans wanted you two together. Thank you for your strength through the entire series. You by far are the strongest.

TO PLL BOYS:

Thank you for loving our girls and protecting them as much as you could from "A" and "AD". You all taught us that the love of our lives should do everything possible to make us happy, loved, and safe.

Seven seasons of lies, love and secrets came to a close on June 27th, but we all will be PLL fans forever! Thank you for the friendships and love lives! Thank you for giving us an ending we all deserved!

Sincerely,

A PLL Fan