A Thank You Letter To My Older Sisters

A Thank You Letter To My Older Sisters

To the two people who have been there all along.

49
A Thank You Letter To My Older Sisters
Gail Doege

To my older sisters,

Growing up the youngest of three girls wasn't all sunshine and roses, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Yes, we fought multiple times a day, but we also always laughed, smiled and hugged a million times. Being the youngest comes with disadvantages such as, well, being the youngest! But it also comes with so many more advantages! Such as having someone to look up to and always having a partner in crime. And for that, I have a few things to thank you both for.

Thank you for constantly being there for me - caring for me, supporting me and loving me. You guys have never given up on me no matter what has been thrown my way. You push me to achieve my dreams and to continue to climb the tough mountains that are put in my way. Just as if they were your own dreams or struggles, you take every step by my side. You both have always been there to share the good and the bad moments of my life and I can never express how thankful I am for you always having my back.

Thank you for letting me borrow your clothes. Yes, I know I never returned some of them... but it's my job as the little sister to steal your things! You'll get some stuff back someday... maybe.

Thank you for letting me hang out with your friends. I know I got on your nerves when I was younger and annoying, but you never thought twice about saying yes to my constant plea "Please, can I come with you?!”

Thank you for "breaking" the rules in. By the time I came along, our parents had a good idea of what to do.

Thank you for coming up with fun activities. From playing house (and letting me be the mom), to building tents or dancing to "Stop! In The Name of Love," to getting ice cream after school, there was always something fun to do growing up. Being the oldest, you were able to create games or things for us to do on a boring summer day.

Thank you for understanding me when our parents couldn't. You have always understood how I have felt and have always been there to listen when I couldn't turn to anyone else.

Thank you for being my role model. I grew up wishing that I could grow up just like both of you. I strived to do better in school and to create goals for myself because I saw both of you do so. You two are the best role models any younger sibling could have.

Thank you for being tough on me. Sisters are thought to be gentle and kind, which you both are, but you were also hard on me. You taught me how to stand up for myself and to do and say what I believe. You taught me that I have a voice and opinion and it's OK to be heard. You guys were tough on me in order to help me become stronger and more confident with who I am.

Thank you for being my older sisters. I have no idea what I would do if I was an older sister. Although I complain sometimes about being the youngest, I know deep down that I wouldn't be the person I am today if I wasn't the baby of the family. I will forever look up to both of you in order to become the best that I can be. I hope that one day I can be the woman that you both are. Thank you for everything you have done for me and continue to do for me. I love you both more than you know!!

Love,

Your little sister