A Thank You Letter To My Cousins

A Thank You Letter To My Cousins

22725

To My cousins, My best friends, My sisters,

This letter is hard to write, only because with so many things to say, I don’t know where to start. Having a good relationship with your cousins is something to cherish and work towards. Putting in the effort to spend time together is important, and completely worth it. Growing up with two brothers has been a challenge, but because of you, I still felt like I had sisters. You make me want to be a better person, and set a good example. The memories that I have made with you will last a lifetime, and I will never be able to thank you enough. Not seeing you much during my first year of college was so hard, but it made me appreciate our relationships so much more.

Thank you for making me laugh until my stomach hurts, even when I’m in the worst mood. Our constant inside jokes will live on forever, and I know that we will never get tired of repeating them. Staying up all night with you is one of the best memories, because everything is more fun at 2 AM. Being exhausted the next morning is worth it because of all the new jokes we made and couldn’t stop laughing about. Thank you for the movie marathons, the post-it games, and tons of dance parties. Having girl talks is my favorite thing about hanging out with you guys. I love getting a glimpse into your life, and being able to give you advice when you need it. Thank you for always sharing things and opening up to me, while allowing me to do the same.

Thank you for always being exciting. One thing that I never question is the fact that we are going to have fun when we are together. No matter what else is going on, we make the best of it and create our own fun. The constant joy I feel when I am with you guys makes me smile from ear to ear. The bond that we all have is so special, and it's not something that most people can say they have with their cousins. Thank you for being your complete selves with me, and letting me be mine. There are no judgements between any of us, and that’s really special.

My first year of college was stressful, but hanging out with you guys this summer has helped me remember that life is fun, and we should take advantage of it. I love hearing stories about the drama with your friends, or with the boys in your life, because it brings me back to the more simple times in mine. In middle school, there was nothing more to worry about than the daily drama in your friend group, and looking back, it was nice not having to worry about so much. Thank you for reminding me that being carefree is a blessing, and that I should always strive to have fun.

Each and every one of you makes me a better person. I have learned so much from all of you, and every time I hear about your life or your stories, I am inspired. You are the most genuine young women I have ever met. Although we aren’t super close in age, you guys are so mature, and capable of so much. Thank you for always reminding me that I am capable of great things, and that we will always have each other. I hope that our relationships only continue to get better, because I love you all so much.

I cannot wait to see where each of you goes in life. You are all extremely smart, beautiful, fun and ambitious. Don’t let the little things get you down, and never give up on your dreams. Life is short, and I hope that you will all take advantage of it, while continuing to have fun. Each and every one of you has impacted me in a different way, and for that I am so grateful. Thank you for teaching me more than I’d ever be able to learn on my own. Thank you for picking me up when I’m down. Thank you for always pushing me to be a better person. Thank you for being my best friends and sisters. You are all amazing in so many different ways, and have big things ahead of you.

I love you, forever.

XOXO,

Kylie