A Thank You Letter To My Soccer Team

A Thank You Letter To My Soccer Team

Endless gratitude for everything my soccer team has taught me in college.

6894
A Thank You Letter To My Soccer Team
Vanessa Ramirez-Jasso

Dear Team,

Whether we played together two seasons ago or last season, I want to thank all of you for everything you have taught me individually and collectively. To all of my teammates, coaches, assistant coaches and fans, thank you for the support that has made my soccer career a lot more valuable and important to me. It’s been such a blast to be part of a team that not only works hard, but that also has a lighthearted humor that make me laugh a lot.

During my first year, I remember arriving to sports camp and being so scared of everything. I had no idea what to expect, and every new experience came so peaceful because all of you were willing to help me and the other freshmen out. I have to say, without everyone’s love and example, I don’t think I would’ve had a life-changing semester my freshman fall.

OK, maybe I’m being a little dramatic about my first semester being a life changing experience, but the sincere and hard-working women you are pushed me to be someone I always wanted to be. At practice, I admired the extra sprint that made me work 100 percent all the time until my legs couldn’t move anymore. This simple example was showed by many of you, and I’m so grateful that I learned to do the same since my first season. Now, not only in soccer am I now trying to give 100 percent, but also in everything else I do I’ve been able to improve as a student, friend and giver.

Whether it’s 6 a.m. in the morning or 8 p.m. at night, the presence of everyone ready to push each other to become better players is a valuable quality our team embraces, and I’m very grateful that our love for the team shows in how patient, humble and tenacious everyone is. Even our coaches have taught me great things, and I’m very thankful that everyone brings a unique light to our team. It’s clear to see everyone’s love for soccer and for our growth in this sport and life.

Oh boy, am I ready for the real world! But, actually though. Every aspect of soccer is getting me in great shape for working in intense and highly pressured working atmospheres. The type of shape I’m talking about, though, is not physical. It’s the mental shape that works hard to overcome mental barriers for the goals we want to accomplish.

Anyways… dear team, thank you for your patience as I work on my crossing and shooting when we are on the field. Your love helps me keep pressure off my mind as I try my best instead of always giving myself a hard time for not “being perfect” all the time.

Although soccer takes a lot of time off my college life, I’m so grateful I decided to play because everyone’s unique skills and personality make our time as a team so worth it. I can’t wait for next season to start fresh and keep our momentum going for why we play soccer!

Much love,

Vanessa #Nancy