A Thank You Letter To Snow Days

A Thank You Letter To Snow Days

What Would We Do Without You?

170
A Thank You Letter To Snow Days

Dear Snow Days,

I just wanted to say Thank you. Thank you for spontaneously giving me a day off from my packed, messy, and stressful college schedule. It's not easy waking up everyday to attend classes you really couldn't care less about. So when you blow fifteen inches of snow on the ground, I turn into the happiest college student alive knowing that there's a good chance I won't have class the next day.

I would especially like to thank you for occurring on either Mondays or Fridays. When you make my two day weekend turn into a three day weekend, I could basically scream out of excitement. You allow me to have another day to sleep in and avoid all my responsibilities by watching endless amounts of Netflix and drinking hot chocolate. It's hard to keep up with my Netflix shows, so when you come along, I binge watch and catch up. You're the greatest.

I won't forget to mention the fact that I don't have to leave my bed or get out of my pajamas. I could just lay there all day and not have a care in the world. (Besides the fact that I have a ton of work to do, but ignorance is bliss.) You allow me to eat whatever I have packed in my fridge while I look out my window at a winter wonderland that's covered in a blanket of pure white delicacy.

I am so thankful that you allow me to make memories with my friends in the snow. It gets hard when we are cooped up inside for too long. We are always looking for a way to have fun when we have free time. So thank you for allowing us to go drunk sleigh riding on the largest hill that is closest to our dorm. Even though it may be frigid outside, we would have never had this opportunity if it wasn't for you.

On snow days, I don't even care that I can't make it to the dining hall, or to a meeting that I was looking forward too, or that my car is covered in what feels like a million inches of snow. All I care about is the fact that I don't have to go to class. I don't have to sit through an hour long lecture in a class that I don't see any familiar faces. Thanks snow days, for saving me from an uncomfortable situation that I wish I could be saved from everyday.

So thank you snow days, for giving me the opportunity to continue to neglect a paper that was due, for allowing me to create memories with my friends, and allowing me to catch up on my Netflix shows. College definitely wouldn't be the same without you and your ability to make almost every kid who goes to school in a region where they're not prepared for snow, happy.

Sincerely,

Every student who needed a day off