Thank You Kamala Harris For Becoming The First Female VP and Showing Us Women That We Are Strong Too

"While I may be the first woman in this office, I will not be the last," Ms. Harris said in her first post-election address to the nation.

28

As we continue 2021, we can finally say that Joe Biden is our 46th president of the United States and Kamala Harris our vice-president.

I couldn't be more proud to see a female go ahead and become vice-president of the United States. Kamala was born in Oakland, California to parents are emigrated from India and Jamaica. Her mother was Shyamala Gopalan, a breast cancer scientist and pioneer who receipted her doctorate. Harris' parents were activists which is how Vice President Harris grew up with a strong sense of justice.

Vice President Harris states back in 2019, "My mother would look at me and she'd say, 'Kamala, you may be the first to do many things, but make sure you are not the last." This just shows how her mother was a strong woman, who raised another strong women. Who is now leading United States of America along with our president Joe Biden.

As VP Harris grew, she was surrounded by a diverse community and extended family. Growing up in a diverse community helps us understand that she knows what it feels to be attacked, pointed, or just looked at by our looks.

In 2010, VP Harris was elected California's Attorney General. In 2017, she was also sworn into the United States Senate. As she worked for better protections for DREAMERS and called for better oversight of immigrant detention facilities. On August 11, 2020 VP Harris accepted President Joe Biden's invitation to become his running mate and help unite the nation.

Today Kamala Harris is the first woman, the first Black American and the first South Asian American to be Vice President of the United States of America.

Thank You VP Harris for showing us woman, we can do it if we work hard. Woman power till the end.