​Each and every step has taught me something knew.
Life Stages

To The Doctor That Diagnosed My Autoimmune Disorder, Thank You For Giving Me My Life Back

Even though it was hard and many times I have found myself defeated, each and every step has taught me something knew.

78
https://unsplash.com/photos/r2nJPbEYuSQ

After many months, many tests, and many dead ends, I was finally led to your office. At first, I truly believed that this would be just another doctor who told me the very same thing. "Everything is fine" or "This doesn't seem to fall under my specialty". With many vague symptoms, it was always hard to find the right path to take.

The first few visits to you office left me skeptical. There was one point where I even left in tears in the belief that you too would tell me that there is nothing more you could do for me. I was beginning to lose all hope and was completely devastated because I really did believe that you were the person who was going to put an end to all of my symptoms.

I was reaching a point where I no longer was able to deal with the way I was feeling. The fatigue, headaches, weakness, and so many other debilitating symptoms were starting to completely take over my life, leaving me unable to really enjoy it.

The day finally came when I received my long awaited answer from you. At the beginning it seemed like the treatment wasn't even helping. It wasn't the magical moment that I expected in my head for all these months. I always imagined that one day, I'd just be magically cured, rather, it was a long processes.

As days went by, I started to begin to notice the changes in both my mentality and my body. My energy came back slowly and I watch myself be able to tackle more and more each day. This gave me the motivation to go forward, finally knowing that I found what my body was missing all this time.

Weeks passed and I was almost back to normal. My anxiety has massively diminished and my body was back to its normal way of functioning. My personality even seemed to come back. Something that I never even had noticed diminished in the first place. I always used to be the person who was costly on-the-go and up for an adventure. It was a scary thought that I gradually watched myself become the persona who never wanted to leave their bed and didn't think twice about it.

When looking back on this past experience, I am nothing but grateful for everything I have been through. Even though it was hard and many times I have found myself defeated, each and every step has taught me something knew. I am now more than ever grateful for the amazing gift of health and wake up each day with a new found appreciation for life.

To the doctor that diagnosed my Autoimmune Disorder, thank you for giving me my life back.