30 Reasons I Am Thankful For My Brothers

The list of reasons a girl with two brothers is thankful for that she would never admit.

2010

Being the middle child and only girl between two boys taught me a lot growing up. Here are 30 reasons I am utterly thankful for them now.

1. Thank you for rough-housing with me and always being ready to wrestle. You taught me how to hold my own.
  2. Thank you for playing house, daycare, school, and Johnny Appleseed with me.
  3. Thank you for riding bikes with me and running home to get Mom or Dad when I fell off.
  4. Thank you for racing me. I would not be nearly as competitive without you guys making me this way. “If you ain’t first, you’re last” – Ricky Bobby
  5. Thank you for fighting, arguing, questioning, and challenging my every word and move some days.
  6. Thank you for playing lava with me on the furniture.
  7. Thank you for watching "The Brady Bunch" and "Rugrats" with me. Even though you thought I acted like Angelica.
  8. Thank you for pretending you were "Spy Kids" after we watched it.
  9. Thank you for letting me use your Max Steel and G.I. Joes as Barbie’s boyfriends.
  10. Thank you for jumping off your bunk bed with me.
  11. Thank you for playing Don’t Let the Balloon Hit the Ground.
  12. Thank you for spending hours playing "Spy Fox," "Rollercoaster Tycoon," and "Pajama Sam" on the computer.
  13. Thank you for laughing with me until I couldn’t breathe. Or peed my pants.
  14. Thank you for coming to my dance recitals. Even though I know Mom and Dad made you
  15. Thank you for playing basketball in the driveway every single day. Especially when we all knew it would end in a bloody war.
  16. Thank you for squeezing my hand as hard as you can at Mass during the Our Father …..and still doing that.
  17. Thank you for sledding down Grandma’s steps on sleeping bags. And hiding with me when we got caught.
  18. Thank you for always letting me borrow your basketball shorts, sweatpants, hoodies, and flannels.
  19. Thank you for accepting my imaginary friends as your own.
  20. Thank you for riding the tire swing with me at the park. Even though you both hated it.
  21. Thank you for telling me when I am being a baby or dramatic.
  22. Thank you for begging for a dog and getting one. Even though you knew I was terrified and cried about it.
  23. Thank you for being brutally honest with what you think about everything I say, do, wear, date, befriend, play, and post. Even though it was super annoying, I truly appreciate it now.
  24. Thank you for coming to every sporting event you could attend. And telling me I did well, even when I know I didn’t.
  25. Thank you for attempting to bake with me. Like the time you thought vegetable oil can be substituted for corn syrup.
  26. Thank you for preparing me for middle school, high school, and college. Even though I rolled my eyes and didn’t act like I cared or was listening—I was, and you were right.
  27. Thank you for keeping my secrets and trusting me with yours.
  28. Thank you for knowing everything about me and still loving me.
  29. Thank you for being my best friends. Even though you didn’t have a choice, I’m glad you are both my brothers.
  30. Thank you; much love, broskis.