A Thank You To My Best Friends Back Home

Thank you for your love and support even from so far away.

4
Maggie Steranko

Dear best people in the world,

You know you you are.

I also know that this open letter and thank you has been done a million times in a million different ways. While they all give valid thoughts that I can relate with, I find it important that I write my own thank you to you wonderful people. I have to add my own little spin and two sense into things because you both know how I need to share my opinion. Another reason why I love that you have put up with me for this long.

The first, and most important, thing I need to thank you for is always being there for me. We're are miles and miles apart, but no matter what I know I can count on you to listen to my crazy problems and rants about who made me mad that day. I never doubt, even when we don't talk for a week, that you have my back and always love me. It doesn't matter that we only see each other like once every few months during the school year, or even over the summer, we're still just as close as in high school.

I also thank you for being some of my biggest motivators and fans. Besides my mom, you are basically the people I know whose advice will be the best and the safest. I don't second guess your opinion because you have seen me through some rough times in middle and high school, so there is no judgement around here.

Thank you for visiting me when I can't since I am without a car. It means so much to me when you can come to Boone and meet my friends and live life a little bit like a Mountaineer, even if it is just for a day. I absolutely love having my friends here meet y'all as well. I talk about all of y'all to each other, so it is important that my worlds collide sometimes.

Thank you for understanding that I am busy, but that you are just as important as ever. You know that if I don't answer a phone call that I am not ignoring you or putting you off, but that I am busy and will call back later. And I know that you do the same for me. We live separate lives but are able to come together when we're home. It is a beautiful balance.

I truly can't put fully into words the love and appreciation I have for you guys and the light you continue to bring to my life. I was worried at the beginning of college that the distance would ruin our friendship, like it did some, but we have stuck together. You are my best friends, and I wish that we could be together as much as we used to be, but I am also glad that we're this close given the distance.