Thank You, Next

Ariana Grande's 'Thank U, Next' Songs, Ranked

My least to most favorite songs on Ariana Grande's new album "Thank U, Next."

1177

Ariana Grande has continued to release hit after hit. With "Sweetener" not even released months ago, Ariana is continuing to kill the the game with her new album, "Thank U, Next." This album has the best combination of fresh new tracks. Across the world, fans have been waiting to listen to these new songs. From self love, to the trauma she has experienced, Ariana is able to create inspiring songs that we all can enjoy. Here is my personal ranking of the 'Thank U, Next' songs from my least to most favorite.

12. "In my head"

"In my head" is the 9th track on Ariana's new album. Although I ranked it as my least favorite, I still really liked the song. Ariana explains in this song how she has fallen in love with a version of somebody she created in her head.

11. "Bad idea"

"Bad idea" was the sixth track on the album and was produced by Max Martin. Max Martin collaborated on past singles with Ariana such as "into you", "no tears left to cry", and "breathin." Although it may not have reached the same popularity as those singles, it's still a fun song to sing along to.

10. "Bloodline"

"Bloodline" starts off with a recording from Ariana's grandmother and addresses how you are supposed to handle loving someone who may not be good for you. When she says she doesn't want this person in her "bloodline," she is referring to her family tree. She wants the person but doesn't see their connection strong enough to make it serious.

9. "Make up"

"Make up" is such a fun and clever song. On this track, Ariana delivers a play-on-words with beauty products and relationships. It's not as strong as her singles, but still has an excellent melody!

8. "Fake smile"

In "fake smile" Ariana sings about the struggles she goes through while being a celebrity. Tired of covering up her emotions, she expresses that she is done with fake smiles and complying to the standards that have been set for her. I really enjoyed this track and I believe she expressed raw emotion in this song.

7. "NASA"

NASA is the most relatable song ever. Needing space from someone you love is something we all have felt but never have known how to say. Ariana reveals this message in her song in the most beautiful way. The lyrics and play-on-words are genius.

6. "Ghostin"

Ariana really opened up on this album. "Ghostin" pulled at my heart strings with her beautiful, truthful lyrics. Through this song we get a peak at the tensions she faced in her last relationship and why it may have ended.

5. "Imagine"

In the song, "imagine," Ariana envisions what it's like to to have a conflict-free romance that never ends. When we have something wonderful it's hard to let it go, and we can be in denial when it's over. This song has a nice tune to it with a mix of an R&B tempo, and beautiful vocals. It is one of my favorites!

4. "Needy"

The sweet and honest lyrics in in "needy," made me fall in love. "I can be needy, tell me how good it feels to be needed," is the most relevant line in the whole song. We all want to feel loved and wanted by someone, and Ariana was able to put that feeling into words.

3. "Thank u, next"

"Thank u, next" is the most iconic song ever. Ariana mentions all of her ex's, but is able to do it in a playful, self empowering way. This song is how we all want to feel after a break up! The music video also encompasses all of our favorite movies! What more could you want?

2. "Break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored"

I am obsessed with this track! "Break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored" is a top favorite! I've had this song on repeat since it came out. This song is bold, catchy, and flirtatious. Not to mention, the mysterious music video that goes along with it has a big twist!

1. "7 rings"

"7 rings" is the absolute best song on the album. The first time I heard it I was in love. In this song, Ariana brings out her trap vibes and gives you an insight into the glamorous life she lives. If she wants something she is able to get it, and she makes that very clear. My favorite line, "You like my hair? Gee, thanks, just bought it," is my new motto.