Advice From Ariana Grande

Ariana Grande's new single "Thank u, next" started breaking records less than 24 hours after it was released. It is a catchy song that many have already fallen in love with. However, I think it is important to look at the messages hidden in this pop hit. The song is about her ex's, but it is the way she sings about them that is important.

She goes through each of her ex's saying "one taught me love, one taught me patience and one taught me pain." Then in the chorus, she says "I'm so fucking grateful for my ex." I think this is important because so many of us tend to look back on past relationships and put them in a negative light. Once a relationship ends it is easy to push it to the back of your mind and think about it only negatively. However, Ari is appreciating the fact that she has spent time with each man and reflecting on what they have taught her. I think this is an important way of thinking that a lot of us could benefit from. She is saying that yeah, she's ready to move on, but she appreciates the time spent with each man and can reflect on how it has helped her grow.

Later in the song Ari sings about her wedding day "Only wanna do it once, real bad gon' make that shit last." I know a lot of couples that have stayed together even if they are unhappy for the fear of not finding someone else. It is easy to get caught up in a relationship, but I agree with Ari and think it is important to step back and think about what you really want and whether or not the relationship you are in is giving you that. Remember, there is no rush, so take it slow and wait for the right person to come along to have the best relationship.