Thank You To My First Friends In College

Freshman year is coming to a close, and I wanted to write this for the friends and memories I've made at JSU.

43
group of friends
Personal Photo

When I was getting ready to move in to JSU, i thought I wouldn't make any friends. Honestly, I was terrified that no one would like me, but God had another plan.

On my first day being on my own, I went to a cookout on the quad where I met Cortney and Sarah. After talking, we realized we all lived on the same hall. It seemed as though it was fate!

We got to know each other, started hanging out and spent some much time together. Cortney and Sarah are now two of my best friends; I don't know what I would do without them!

Through Sarah and Cortney, I met Marili. I am so thankful to have met such a fun person. It always seems like a new day with her. We would always love to mess with Marili about how to say her name. I'm so thankful to have her friends in college

We all eventually decided to start going to JSU football games together. At the first football game of the year, we met more people. We met Tyler, Ashleigh, Jackie, and Dez and all began hanging out together. We pretty much did everything as a group.

We later found out that Ashleigh, Jackie, and Dez lived in Fitzpatrick as well. After that, we all began hanging out in the basement having movies nights and just going out together as a group in general. Although we have lost a couple friends in our group, we're still the best of friends.

We were thankful to also meet a friend at the Morgan Wallen concert. As they were getting ready to start the concert, we noticed a girl standing next to us and that is where Britney came in. She was there with some other friends, but none of us knew she'd end up being one of our best friends!

My roommate, Destiny, is absolutely amazing as well. I was thankful to have met her through winter guard at our high schools and our friendship has been going strong ever since. I can't believe Destiny and I will no longer be living together after this semester.

Elijah and Zak became part of our “group" at different times. We knew Elijah through Cortney and he finally started hanging out with us as a whole. We met Zak through Tyler after a football game where we were sitting on the football field way past midnight.

Although there are different stories for each and every one of my friends, they all mean so much to me. They've taught me that I don't deserve anything less than amazing. I'm so thankful that I've had the chance to spend these last two semesters with them and I hope we continue to be friends for many years to come, even after we graduate.

Thank you guys so much! I love you all to death.