My Thank You To This Fall Semester At SUNY Old Westbury

I will never regret chasing my dream.

15
SUNY Old Westbury

In the seven years I have been in and out of college this semester has been the best one after having spent a semester in Disney. Coming back from having spent time away from school is usually difficult for me, but since I started going after the things I wanted I started loving school for once.

School has been more of a challenge for me than anything. From having learning disabilities to not figuring out what I want to do in life I never really saw eye to eye with school. After failed attempts of going after what I thought I wanted I let go of all my fears and went for what I want.

Deep down I knew I needed to be going to school for Communications. I needed to be attempting the journalism and broadcast production side of things. This semester I finally did that.

While I began my journey in the Fall 2015 semester it wasn’t until this semester that I got to learn the skills I needed and put them to use. I took a variety of classes that set me on the right path to what I wanted as well as the college mandated courses that may be helpful to have now that I look back on them.

The best part of this semester was getting to learn from people in the field and hearing their real life experiences. It makes everything that is about to come my way seem more exciting.

As exciting as everything was this semester there were a few academic bumps along the way. Everyday is a learning experience with new people and professors are no exception to that. Some were a little harder than others to communicate with but struggles aside the outcomes resulted in good grades.

I know there is more struggles to come my way as I enter my final semester of college this coming spring. The struggle to find a summer internship to earn my degree and create a portfolio for potential employers is ahead of me and already weighing me down. But as finals approach as well as the end of my college career I can’t help but be happy that I finally did it. No matter what happens in life, whether I make it or not, I will never regret tackling my academic fears and chasing my dream.