A Thank You Letter To My Parents

A Thank You Letter To My Parents

Thank you for everything you do for me.

15
A Thank You Letter To My Parents
Charlotte Mahoney-Mosedale

Dear Mom and Dad,

It couldn't have been easy to deal with my sister and me. I know that you have tried to give us the world even when you really couldn't. I don't give you enough credit for managing everything. Of course things weren't perfect, but I wouldn't have changed a thing about the way I grew up and the things I have learned from you. Everything you've done for me has meant so much and I'm not sure how to begin to express that. Thank you for putting up with my occasional bad attitude, helping me know the difference between right and wrong and for the constant support.

Thank you for being the biggest supporters in every part of my life. You've always encouraged me to do what makes me happy and try new things even when I was scared. Without you there to encourage me, I wouldn't have been able to accomplish more than half of the things that I have. Thank you for showing me that it's okay to fail. You taught me that I just need to learn from that experience and keep trying.

In high school, I know things weren't the easiest. I couldn't have been easy to deal with. I was going through a lot and it was all new to me. You were always patient with me when I didn't understand something. Thank you for being there every step of the way. You were at every choir concert, softball game, show and event I was involved in. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful support system.

You always have some of the best advice to give me and I can go to you anytime. Even while I am at school, I know that you want to hear what is going on in my life and I am excited to tell you about it. Thank you for being proud of me. Thank you for teaching me how to live caring about others but always reminding me that I need to take care of myself too.

I will never be able to say thank you enough, but just know that I am always appreciative of everything you do for me and your constant unconditional love.

Love,

Your sometimes unappreciative (favorite) child