To The Man Who Made Me Believe In A Father's Love Again

You believed in me and my dreams.

43
prosperityedwell.com

Thank you for showing me what it's like to have a father. You didn't have to love me like I was one of your own, but you chose to. I closed myself off to a lot of people because I was scared of them leaving just like so many people have before.

You helped me gain a confidence not only in myself, but in the things that I love.

For a long time, I had a strong hatred for anyone who came into my family and tried to be apart of it. Why? Well because I didn't want them to get my hopes up. I hoped to finally be a part of a happy family with a mom, dad, brothers, and me. I was scared that the moment I opened up and let them in, that they would walk away like they were never even apart of the family.

I wanted someone who would not only say he was my father and I was his daughter, but someone who showed it. I wanted someone who treated my mom like she was the star of the show. Someone who made her so incredibly happy. Someone who loved my family, and someone who was easy for us to love back.

That person is you.

You didn't have to love my family the way you do, you chose to. You have kids of your own that you love, but you found it in your heart to love me and my family just as much. You don't know how happy that makes me. You have made me believe in the power of family again.

I closed myself off to the world and everyone in it. I didn't want anyone to worry about me so I put on a brave face and smiled through everything. I put everyone else first, no matter how much it hurt me. You helped me realize that it is ok to put yourself first sometimes, that it is actually healthy to do that. It isn't an easy task but with you by my side, I feel like it is not an impossible task. Thank you.

When I first met you, my confidence level was at zero. I had none. You believed in me and my dreams. You have pushed me to continue to write, and now look at me. I use to hate myself for so many things I had no control over, but you helped me see that if I put all the anger and hatred I had in my heart toward my passion, amazing things can happen.

With all that said... Thank you and I love you, Dad.