8 Texts You’ve Sent Your Best Friend Back Home
popular

50% catching up on each other's lives, 50% trying to find a time when both of you can FaceTime

1375
Christy Oh

One of the most painful parts about moving to college is leaving some of your closest friends behind, whether they be at another college or are still at home finishing high school. However, despite all the chaos in meeting new people and adjusting to college life, you’ll always find time to catch up with your best friend and try to share every detail of your new life with them. Here are a few texts that you’ve definitely sent to your best friend back home.

1. “You’ll never guess what just happened”

Your best friend back home is always ready to hear every exciting or embarrassing story you have to tell about your time in college. Whether it be about dozing off in class, embarrassing yourself at a party, or just college life in general, you’re going to text them immediately after to tell them all about it.

2. “What time is it over there again?”

Sometimes you and your best friend will end up in different time zones and you’re going to forget that sometimes, they’ll be sleeping when you’re awake (and the other way around). It may get tough to wait a few more hours until they’re awake or out of class to tell them about your day, but you’ll get used to it.

3. “When can we FaceTime?”

Classic. Nothing beats hearing their voice and seeing their face while updating each other on your lives.

4. “Who’s that boy/girl on your Snapchat story?”

Whoever their new potential love interest may be, you need to know ALL the details. And make sure you approve of them.

5. “My roommate says hi”

Your roommate will most likely have been in the room when you and your best friend FaceTimed and they most definitely will have heard stories about them or seen pictures of them on your shared wall. Soon enough, your best friend is going to become friends with your roommate and it’ll be a hell of a good time whenever you call them back home.

6. “WHY AM I NOT THERE???”

This is usually in response to Snapchat stories or Instagram posts of your friends back home hanging out. We both know the answer to this question, but we ask it anyways.

7. “____ is so much better back home”

For me personally, it’s always about the Starbucks coffee. If it’s not in Seattle, the home of the first ever Starbucks coffee shop, it’s not as good. And not many people around you will understand that so, of course, you have to complain to your best friend back home.

8. “I miss you”

College is a time for making new friends and meeting new people, but no one can replace your best friend from home. So you just have to go back to counting down the days until you get to go back home and spend time with them in person!