Tennessee Whiskey lyrics meaning written by Chris Stapleton

Introduction:

16

Tennessee by Chris Stapleton is a promotional song. He covered the song Tennessee Whiskey by Dean Dillon and Linda Hargrove.

Tennessee by Chris Stapleton is a promotional song. He covered the song Tennessee Whiskey by Dean Dillon and Linda Hargrove. This song debuted for his album “Traveller”, released in 2015. Chris and his band member played this song on spur as a soundcheck when their producer Dave Cobb said them why not to record this song version for their own album. In Country Music Award on 4 November 2015 Justine Timberlake and Chris Stapleton duet on this song. The song genre was country Rock, Country Soul, and Blue Rock. Tennessee Whiskey lyrics are about a drunken man who finds true love and appreciated her compared with different drinks flavors. And thanks to her for holding and taking him out of the darkness.

The lyrics meanings of the track:

In the starting lyrics vocalist tells the story of his alcoholism He is a total alcoholic and loves to spend his most of time in the barroom and this is only going to places for him. The love of his life rescues him and took him out of his darkest place where he got stuck and doesn’t even think about being able to escape and loved that much. Then the lines come “you are smooth as Tennessee, sweet as strawberry warm as a glass of brandy” these words show how he is totally into drinking and his love language is in liquor. He admires her sweetness, Warmth, and grace with the different flavors of liquor. His inability to use another word than alcohol shows his addiction, now he is really thanking full to her for helping him out. Then he reiterates to her lover that her addiction is better than any alcohol because she is a barroom of love care grace and warmth for him, all these things he once searched for in the alcohol barroom. And gives us the conclusion no matter what love finds its way and is more addictive than alcohol.

I used to spend my nights out in a barroom

Liquor was the only love I’ve known

But you rescued me from reachin’ for the bottom

And brought me back from being too far gone

[Chorus:]

You’re as smooth as Tennessee whiskey

You’re as sweet as strawberry wine

You’re as warm as a glass of brandy

And honey, I stay stoned on your love all the time

Reviews of the track:

This is the reimage song, released after i30 years of its first release. This soulful version hit the chart and fans loved it. This duo’s performance on CMA made it the best moment of that award night and 131000 copies of this sole video were within two days after their performance. This song hit number one on the Hot Country Chart and won 6x Platinum on 31 of July 2019.

Conclusion of the track

When it comes to the conclusion of the song Tennessee is a love song the lyrics meaning giving us the vibe of the alcoholic man who just got a back and find a lovable and grace-full women, who took him out of that bottom of the darkness and put him so high in her love that he forgot about any other thing. It’s like a trance or addiction from he doesn’t want to get over.