10 Truths For The Book Lover

10 Truths For The Book Lover

I'm glad we're on the same page here.
13

I love books. It's that simple. Growing up, I read every Junie B. Jones book that was ever published, and later fell in love with Nancy Drew. I have always loved books, and while many people find them dreadfully boring and drowsing, I do not. Actually, I find them to be quite the opposite. Books are bold. They tell incredible stories and introduce amazing characters (if you're like me, the characters in some stories remain with you long after you've closed the book). So, for those of you who love books as much as I do, I feel that you'll find this list to be a rather accurate description of your life.

1. Books. Smell. Fantastic.

When you sniff the pages, people look at you as if you're insane, but you know that the smell of the pages when you flip through them is exhilarating. It doesn't matter if they're new or old, books just smell wonderful.

2. 3 a.m. is a glorious hour

The truth about 3 a.m. You can't go to bed unless you finish the book, or at least the suspenseful parts. There is no way you're going to bed unless you know what happens next and you have an explanation for all the crazy junk that's been happening. Who cares if your eyes burn when you go to to bed?

3. Plot holes and plot twists -- fun stuff

Plot holes, and plot twists, are both the worst and the best things ever. You want to be angry at the author for changing the plan you had composed in your head, but now you're bubbling with excitement as you try to figure out what comes next.

4. So dang emotional

Emotional attachment. When you love a book, it's easy to become emotionally attached to the characters and talk about them as if they were your real friends. (Secret: They are.)

5. Everyone must know about this book

You talk about the book far too much. You tell your friends, family, and anyone who will listen to you about the plot, the characters, the setting -- everything. Your friends probably hate this, but you don't care.

6. Buying books means being broke

There is nothing quite as exciting as buying a new book. Even if buying them makes you broke, the comfort and pleasure of books is priceless.

7. Book clubs are a touchy subject

You've never actually joined a book club, but you think the idea is somewhat intriguing. Regardless, you'd rather just read alone, you and your book.

8. When people say "I don't like to read"

The worst sentence you could ever hear. You'll still be their friend, but you may think slightly less of them.

9. Books are always better than movies

It irks you when people talk about how they love a book based off of the movie adaptation or when people watch the movie before reading the book. (I am sometimes guilty of this, but if there's a book before the movie, I'll try my best to read it.)

10. Books are the bomb dot com

And, lastly, books make you happy and books are fun. That is all

Books, books, books!