Ten Shawn Mendes Songs for Every Situation

Sometimes it all gets a little too much, and we just need the soothing voice of Shawn Mendes to treat us better.

5511
google

1. Treat You Better

When you have a crush: Don't we all want to tell our crush how good we'll be to them? Don't you want to ask your crush "Why are you wasting your time? Come to me!".

2. Aftertaste

When you're heartbroken and angry: There's always that stage during a breakup where you're angry. You know that they're never gonna have someone like you again because you're unique and one of a kind. No one can replace you.

3. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

When you've got that summer love: This song is upbeat and happy, just like summer. During the summer you can be free because nothing holds you back from chasing your dreams.

4. Never Be Alone

When you need a little love: The title says it all. When you're feeling lonely, listen to this song to make yourself feel better. You deserve to feel safe, loved, and wanted all the time.

5. Lights On

When you're feeling sexy: Shawn is singing about loving you and your body, no matter how you look. If that doesn't make a girl feel good, I don't know what will.

6. Patience

When you're fed up: Some of the lyrics are literally: "Will you make your mind up, please, I'm losing my patience". We all get annoyed with someone when they play games.

7. Understand

When you're feeling lost: We all get lost sometimes, right? And that's okay. It's good to ask questions and to confess that we don't know something. We all need to take some time to get back to ourselves.

8. Bad Reputation

When you've got a secret: A lot of times there are nasty rumors going around about that girl. You may be that girl. Whether or not those rumors are true, you're still loved and "they don't know what you've been through" as Shawn says.

9. Don't Be a Fool

When you have to break up:Break ups are hard. Sometimes things just don't work out, but you still want to be there for each other. If you're not happy in your relationship, don't try to force things.

10. Stitches or Mercy

When you just need some Shawn in your life: These are two of Shawn's most popular songs. I've heard them the most on the radio and if you're just starting to listen to him, they're good introductory songs.