Ten Reason's To Love Fixer Upper's Chip And Joanna Gaines

HGTV's Fixer Upper is a home renovation show with TV's best and most inspiring couple Chip and Joanna Gaines.

107
Pop Sugar

I completely came across the show Fixer Upper by accident. One day when flipping through TV channels, I stopped on HGTV because I had never seen Fixer Upper before and it seemed interesting. Well, it only took one episode to get completely hooked! Fixer Upper isn't just a home renovation show on HGTV, it's a family show. Chip and Joanna Gaines make you believe that love is still possible. As cheesy as it sounds, it's true! I've never seen such a talented, family oriented, and humble couple who are in the spotlight and that's just a few reasons why I love them. Below I have listed what I believe to be the top ten reasons to love Chip and Joanna Gaines (in no specific order). If you watch the show, I hope you agree with them! If you don't watch it, I hope after reading this article you will. It only takes one episode to get hooked!

1. They are down right hilarious.

Chip not only does the carpentry work for Joanna's design's, he is also always constant entertainment! Wether he's running through walls on demo day or just trying to make Joanna laugh, Chip is always going to make you smile! But him and Joanna together are a comedy powerhouse! He loves to make Joanna laugh and is always trying to impress her. But the most heart warming part about this, is the look on Joanna's face when Chip does something stupid. She is always smiling with a look in her eye that says, "Yep, that's my guy!"

2. Their kids are everything to them

Almost every episode you see Chip and Joanna's beautiful kids: Drake, Ella, Duke, and Emmy. Their kids are absolutely adorable and are always helping out around their family farm or helping their mom and dad with design ideas. It is obvious that family is always and will forever be Chip and Joanna's number one priority. Joanna often talks about how important being a mom is to her and treating her kids wholesome values. Some of my favorite parts of Fixer Upper episodes are when Chip brings the kiddos to visit Joanna when she has to pull an all-nighter decorating a house.

3. They Love Surprising Each Other

Whether it's for a birthday, anniversary or some other family event, Joanna and Chip love keeping their relationship alive by surprising each other! Below is a picture from the Fixer Upper episode when Chip surprised Joanna with a party for their anniversary! It was stinking adorable.

4. They Live On A Farm

Chip and Joanna live in a gorgeous victorian farmhouse in Waco, Texas that they have completely renovated to make their own. They have a ton of animals (including chickens and goats). But the best thing about their farmhouse is that they love to teach their kids how to work on a farm. On the tv show, you always see the kids working with the animals or helping their parents do chores on the farm. The kids are young but, it is really inspiring to see them getting out there and learning more about life than they would inside watching tv.

5. They Support Each Other's Dreams

Chip is always supportive of Joanna and has been from the very beginning of their business. He always encourages her to go for her dreams, like when she wanted to open a Bed and Breakfast. Joanna is obviously so thankful for Chip and all the work he does on their renovations. They are just really supportive of each other and keep pushing each other to be the best that they can be. Below is a picture of the first Magnolia Market that Chip and Joanna opened. Chip encouraged Joanna to open the store because he knew it was her dream and believed that she could do it and look at how her dream has grown now!

6. They are Christians

Chip and Joanna are very open about their faith and in several interviews they have mentioned how God has led them through the whole process of opening their business and raising their children. Below is a picture from the video of Joanna Gaines's testimony. I encourage everyone to watch it! It is super inspiring and shows how trusting God with your dreams and desires can make them blossom into something more beautiful than you could ever imagine! God is good ya'll!!

7. They Love Making People's Dreams Come True

Their whole show is about helping people find affordable homes (fixer upper's) and remaking them to be their dream home. One of my favorite parts of the show is the reveal when Chip and Joanna show their client their new home. It is so heart warming to see the look on their faces and how grateful they are! Chip and Joanna might be a carpenter and designer but they are so much more than that, they make people's dreams come true!

8. They're Real

What you see is what you get with Chip and Joanna. They are completely genuine and you don't get the feeling that they are reading off a script when they are being interviewed on the show. It is obvious that they love what they do and half of the time they are laughing and having a good time while they are filming. It is so much fun to watch!

9. They Love Their Extended Family

Chip and Joanna's parents often make appearances on the show. It just adds to their authenticity. Also, whenever Chip and Joanna have to show a client they have one of their parents watch the kids. I absolutely love that because it shows they wouldn't leave their kids with just anyone. I love seeing their family on the show because it really shows what kind of people Chip and Jo really are!

10. How Loved They Are By Their Community

On a few episodes, Chip has been asked by different organizations in their community or around Texas to take part in different events. I love these moments because it really does show that Chip is the same guy you see on Fixer Upper in real life and it's not just an act. Also, I love when Joanna brings the kids for them to see their dad do awesome things and to show them how loved he is. These are some of the most heart warming moments on the show and it's one of the reasons Fixer Upper is more than just the average home improvement show. The picture below is from when Chip was asked to throw the first pitch at a Rangers game and after they got to meet the players!

These are just ten short reasons of why Chip and Joanna Gaines are so adorable and lovable! But just watch the show and read interviews of them and you will see that the true list is endless! I hope you enjoyed reading and if you haven't watched Fixer Upper before, now you will. Also it's on Netflix now (woot woot)! So in a world full of Kanye's and Kim Kardashians, be a Chip and Joanna Gaines!