Ten Flavors of Tea Ranked Worst to Best

Ten Flavors of Tea Ranked Worst to Best

Not All Tea is Created Equal

6248
Ten Flavors of Tea Ranked Worst to Best
Wikimedia Common

Hello all you avid tea drinkers and lovers! Today I will be focusing on my all-time favorite drink: hot tea. You can never go wrong with hot tea, not even in the summer or at night time. Everything about tea is wonderful: the taste, the smell, the warmth, and the comfort you get from having a warm mug of delicious leaf water. As you know, there are many different kinds of teas: herbal, black, green, etc. All though I do love all of my children, I will admit I do have favorites that I tend to purchase over and over at the supermarket. Here is a list of ten different flavors of teas that I have tried out during my life, and what my opinions are on each of them.

10. Fruit Tea

If Satan were a flavor of tea, he would be fruit tea. I am not racist towards any kind of fruit here. Apple, raspberry, peach...they all get equal hate in my eyes. They are all so acidic and sour tasting while trying to be "sweet." Do yourself a favor and keep your hot water far away from fruit! 0/10 would recommend.

9. Chai Tea

Chai tea is so sweet that you'll need water to counteract the sweetness. It is also 50% milk and cream, so it's not the best for you. 2/10 would recommend.

8. Cinnamon Tea

When it's winter outside, cinnamon tea is great to warm up to while satisfying your taste buds. It is warm with a spicy kick to it, making it tasty and delicious. 5/10 would recommend.

7. Jasmine Tea

Jasmine tea has a great flavor, but it is very easy to steep it too long. After that, you have pure bitterness in your teacup. Just a fair warning. 6/10 would recommend.

6. Chamomile Tea

Chamomile tea is soothing and perfect to drink before bedtime. It has a calming mellow flavor that is very relaxing. It also smells like daisies, which you can't beat. 6/10 would recommend.

5. Oolong Tea

If you have ever been to a Chinese restaurant, chances are they serve oolong tea. This tea tastes like the Asian restaurant aesthetic and is perfect for getting your zen on. 7/10 would recommend.

4. English Breakfast Tea

English breakfast tea is the ultimate black tea staple. This tea is versatile in the way that it can be taken with honey, sugar, or milk. Everyone loves English breakfast tea, but be careful not to steep it too long. 7/10 would recommend.

3. Green Tea

Green tea is a flavor that you cannot go wrong with. It has a light but natural taste, and it isn't too hard on caffeine. Perfect for a day spent relaxing on the porch watching some birds. 9/10 would recommend.

2. Mint Tea

Mint tea is soothing and perfect to drink all year round. Its minty taste will wake you up without an overload of caffeine. Or, it will calm your senses just in time for bed. 9/10 would recommend.

1. Peppermint Tea

A cousin of mint tea, peppermint tea is basically mint tea 2.0. Its flavor is ten times stronger, and it will leave a cool aftertaste in your mouth. It is impossible to over-steep peppermint tea since the mintier, the better. 10/10 would recommend.