Always Tell Me How It Is

Always Tell Me How It Is

Honesty is key.

15
Always Tell Me How It Is
Google

I’m a straight forward person. I live by the phrase, “Treat others the way you want to be treated”, but I put a twist on it. Not only do I want you to treat me like you want to be treated, but I want you to be straight forward with me. Please don’t sugar coat the hard things for me, or over exaggerate the easy. Just give it to me straight.

It makes my life, and yours, easier when you tell me exactly how it is or how you feel. There won’t be any confusion down the road, I’ll know where you stand and you’ll know where I stand. It eliminates the possibility of thinking something is worse than it really is, or easier.

Don’t get me wrong, I get that sometimes you don’t want to be the bearer of bad news, but if it gets back to me that what was said was not 100% true, I’ll be angry. I appreciate honesty, I think that out of all the things someone could be, honest is the most important. Don’t tell me so-and-so said this about me, when they really didn’t; you’re only being a sh*t – stirrer.

If you just tell me exactly what happen or how you feel, then I will know how to go about the situation, but if you’re just going to ignore it, or not tell me how you feel then I cannot help you. I can only help if you tell me what’s wrong. Any maybe you don’t want me help, that’s perfectly fine, but then tell me so. Don’t tell me everything that is wrong and get mad at me when I try to help. I assume you are telling me your problems because you need help with them.

You need to tell me how it is. You need to tell me if you don’t think this is going anywhere, if you don’t want to continue talking, or if there’s a problem that you want to address. I might not know there is a problem so please address me on it. I don’t want to be sitting here thinking everything is perfectly fine when you don’t think it is.

Don’t ghost me and don’t get angry at me when I ask you what’s wrong, because I sincerely want to know. If I didn’t care, I wouldn’t ask. So please if there is a problem, talk to me. Don’t let it go unsolved, that’s all I ask.