Mourning the Loss of Hoboken's "Planet Mac"

September 24, 2017: the day the Mac and Cheese died...

678
Jeffreyw - Flickr

Planet Mac...

When you closed your doors in September, a part of me died...

It wasn't until last month that I discovered you had vacated...

...and I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye...

Now, where will I go to satisfy my late night mac and cheese cravings in Hoboken??

But let me focus on the wonderful memories you gave me...

The biggest challenge was always picking which Mac and Cheese dish to order...

"Lobster Mac" or "Vodka Tomato Cream?" "Bacon Cheeseburger" or "Margarita?" (welp)

After racking my brain to decide, I always made sure to order the "Jupiter" size to have enough to bring home for leftovers.

As I wait for my cheesy macaroni, the anticipation builds and builds...

Finally, my Mac and Cheese arrives in all its glory...

I take the first bite and...

IT'S WORTH EVERY CALORIE!

OMG ITS SO CREAMY AND WONDERFUL 😍

And during my last meal with you, my friends and I left happy (AND FULL) with plans to return...

Word has it that they're replacing you with a hip ramen noodle joint...

Even if their noodles are good, they can't replace the joy you brought to New Jersey's mac and cheese lovers...

But you will always have a special place in my heart...

#NeverForget

Love,

Julia

Did you ever get to try Planet Mac's macaroni and cheese in Hoboken before it closed? Or did you go somewhere else for your mac and cheese fix? Tweet me your thoughts and stories @missjulia1207!