Ways to Show Your Kids Teacher You Appreciate Them

5 Best Teacher Appreciation Gifts, Because God Knows They Deserve Them

They give more than they have to, so recognize that.

37

We all know a teacher or two that exceeds expectations when it comes to the classroom.

They go above and beyond for their students. They somehow manage to keep their sanity with twenty kids running around while you can barely keep your own kids. This teacher finds ways to help your child succeed even when they're being difficult. So how do you say thank you to those teachers?

Simple, you print off one of the many adorable little teacher appreciation tags available online or make your own to attach to one of the following gifts.

1. Personalized Gifts

Personalized gifts

c1.staticflickr.com

A personalized gift is great if you're familiar with the teacher's likes and dislikes. The gift can be tailored to include their favorite things, whether that be chapstick or a favorite candy. Put the items in a cup that they can reuse, wrap it up with pretty paper, top it with a pretty bow plus one of those teacher appreciation tags and you have a cute little gift. You can also do the same thing with a plant if the teacher you have in mind has a green thumb. These can be turned into "teacher emergency kits" as well. Just stock up a small plastic tub, about the right size to keep in a desk drawer, with things you might need for day to day survival like deodorant or quick snacks.

2. Gift Cards

Gift cards

c1.staticflickr.com

Gift cards are another great way to show your appreciation. Maybe you noticed your kid's teacher drinking a latte every day before class starts or maybe they mentioned that they needed a few things for their classroom. Getting them a gift card helps to show your appreciation while also providing them a little treat on you. There are also a myriad of printable tags that you can customize if you feel the card is too impersonal on its own. My personal favorite is for a Starbucks gift card that reads "I like you a latte." Gift card options are easy and quick as well if you need to get a gift last minute.

3. Classroom Supplies

Supplies

c1.staticflickr.com

Every teacher sends out a list at the beginning of the year for classroom supplies. Most parents dread that list, but it makes teaching your kids a billion times easier since they have the materials to learn. However, by the middle or end of the year, those supplies may start to dwindle. Getting a gift full of classroom supplies to help out is a sure fire way to let the teacher in your life know that you hear them and appreciate what they do. Pencils, erasers, markers, and crayons all especially have a way of disappearing from sight as the year goes on. Most teachers also generally have to pay for extra supplies in the classroom out of pocket. So helping them out a little with those purchases helps a lot.

4. Name Plaques

Name Plaques

c2.staticflickr.com

Name plaques are also a cute idea for the teacher in your life. The plaques can be customized so that they're unique to the teacher. It's a bit more boring of a gift, but it can help to brighten the classroom if done . One way to make the plaque unique is by having the name formed out of Scrabble tiles. Other ways include adding little pictures or bright splashes of color. While most teachers are issued the standard ones from the school, it can add a little life to the classroom.

5. Baked Goods

Baked Goods

upload.wikimedia.org

There are about a billion baked goods that can be chosen from to deliver this gift. Cookies, brownies, cake pops, doughnuts, and muffins just to name a few. If you're an expert at baking, or at least halfway decent, this maybe a good gift option for you to give the teacher in your life. There are a variety of choices so you can send a variety in or choose just one that you know is a favorite. If you're weary of baking yourself, you can also go to most grocery stores and order from the bakery there. There is also a myriad of different types of papers, tins, and boxes to choose from in order to present your gift. If you go with the bakery, the chances are that they'll have some sort of fancy packaging there that you can choose from to wrap up your treat.

Great teachers do so much for our kids. They teach them, help to set them up for success and help them to grow. If you have a teacher that helps your kid(s), consider sending them a little appreciation gift this year at some point.