Taylor Swift's Top 25 Songs

Taylor Swift's Top 25 Songs

I did it, it was hard, but for the greater good, I picked Taylor's 25 best songs.

18
Taylor Swift's Top 25 Songs

I spent hours studying songs from each album, looking at many different aspects. So, without further ado, here is my list of the Top 25 Taylor Swift songs.

25. Better Than Revenge

Why: While it's perfect for banging your head to when you jerk ex gets a new girl, I think present day T Swift would never endorse this kind of girl-hating behavior. Better Than Revenge is a good reminder of the real life character development Taylor Swift has gone through.

Best Line: Sophistication isn't what you wear or who you know

24. You Belong with Me

Why: This song spoke to all of our middle school hearts and we all wish we could see Lucas Till from our bedroom window. Don't get me wrong I love this song, but Taylor is trying too hard to be the "different girl" in this song and she does so much better.

Best Line: I think I know where you belong, I think I know it's with me.

23. Never Grow Up

Why: This is one of the very few Taylor Swift songs that isn't about love and it also makes my cry.

Best Line: And even though you want to just try to never grow up

22. Picture to Burn

Why: This is a playful song and it is such a defining song for Taylor. I find both the song and the video to be hilarious. While it is catchy, it's not her best work.

Best Line: So watch me strike a match on all my wasted time

21. Wonderland

Why: This is such a whimsical song and it definitely deserved to be more than a bonus track.

Best Line: It's all fun and games until somebody loses their mind

20) Long Live

Why: This song is empowering and it makes you feel like you can do anything. Also it has dragons in it, so that totally warrants it a spot on this list.

Best Line: 'Cause for a moment a band of thieves in ripped up jeans got to rule the world

19) Tied Together with a Smile

Why: I don't think this song is as well known, but it's so emotional and it's a reminder that sometimes it's okay to fall apart.

Best Line: Seems that the only one who doesn't see your beauty is the face in the mirror lookin back at you.

18) Everything Has Changed

Why: Two words: Ed Sheeran... Also the incredibly cute video.

Best Line: All I know is we said "hello" and your eyes look like comin' home.

17) Out of the Woods

Why: This song is most likely about Taylor's relationship with Harry Styles. The whole time they were just waiting to get out of the woods and into a good place, which is hard for two high caliber celebrities. I think this song really holds a lot of meaning.

Best Line: The rest of the world was in black and white, but we were in screaming color.

16) Fearless

Why: Fearless is a feel good song about a relationship were the girl is finally able to let go of her inhibitions and just have fun, it's also super catchy.

Best Line: And I don't know why but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress fearless.

15) Red

Why: Once again, Taylor managed to read all of our minds with Red. She somehow took colors and managed to match them to our feelings... although I don't know how many of us know what driving a new Maserati feels like.

Best Line: Regretting him was wishing like you never found out that love can be that strong.

14) Blank Space

Why: Taylor learned to laugh at herself in this song... and it's also a big "screw you" to the media. The video is also a plus and the best line gave us all a great Insta caption.

Best Line: Cause darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream.

13) Sad Beautiful Tragic

Why: This song has so much emotion in it and some of Taylor's best lyrics, almost like her second try at a "Dear John" kinda song.

Best Line: And you got your demons and darling they all look like me.

12) Stay Beautiful

Why: This song is so sweet, cute, and simple. Guys don't always get good reps in Taylor's songs, but this song reminds us that not all guys are bad.

Best Line: You're beautiful every little piece love don't ya know you're really gonna be someone.

11) Back to December

Why: Taylor admits in this song that she's the one who messed up, making it a very important song... I mean I'd feel pretty bad if I messed things up with Taylor Lautner too.

Best Line: It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you.

10) I Know Places

Why: This is a sort of dark song for Taylor. It talks about how the media ruins the lives and relationships of famous people. It's grown-up which is why it earned the #10 spot.

Best Line: Loose lips sink ships all the damn time.

9) The Way I Loved You

Why: This has been and always will be one of my favorite Taylor Swift songs. It's honest and raw and a reminder that "Mr. Perfect" isn't always "Mr. Right."

Best Line: And my heart's not breakin cause I'm not feeling anything at all.

8) Tear Drops on my Guitar

Why: First off, I didn't realize that Chris Kellar plays Drew until doing my research. Also, this song really doesn't need a reason to be on the list, because it literally defines Taylor's early career.

Best Line: The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart.

7) All too Well

Why: The story this song tells is so beautiful and tragic. It gives you all the feels you'd expect from a T Swift song.

Best Line: But maybe this thing was a masterpiece until you tore it all up.

6) White Horse

Why: This is a song most of us can relate to. We dream about knights in shining armor, but when we grow up we realize that sometimes we have to save ourselves. Also, what's up with her using OTH characters in her videos?

Best Line: I'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well.

5) Begin Again

Why: This song earns the #5 spot, because it's a reminder that we can forget the guys who hurt us and that there is someone out there who won't make us change who we are for them.

Best Line: For the first time what's past is past.

4) Fifteen

Why/Best Line: In your life you'll do things greater than dating the boy on the football team. Yes, the best line is also the reason why, because that is one of the most important Taylor Swift lyrics EVER.

3) Clean

Why: This song solidifies Taylor's transition into a new person. We all need a little cleaning out at times and not only is this a perfect song for cleansing, but it was a great way to end 1989.

Best Line: Just because your clean don't mean you don't miss it.

2) Tim McGraw

Why: This was our first taste of Taylor, it's what made us all fall in love. I hadn't listened to this song in a while and when I did to do this list, it still made me tear up. This song is Taylor Swift.

Best Line: You said the way my blue eyes shined put those Georgia stars to shame that night.

1) Dear John

Why: I could have chosen any song as the number one song, but I chose this one for a very special reason. This is Taylor Swift's most raw, emotional, and heartbreaking song. Every line of it is painfully beautifully and honestly it was time someone called John Mayer out for being a crappy person.

Best Line: I'm shining like fireworks over your sad empty town... But like this entire song is the best line, it's that amazing.

Yes, I left out some of the most popular songs, but popular doesn't always mean great. Leave your favorite songs below!