15 Times Taylor Swift's "Reputation" Lyrics Apply To Your Life

Taylor Swift has lyrics for every situation you could find yourself in.

339
Instagram

I have been a fan of Taylor Swift for a really long time and love all of her albums with all of my heart. When "Reputation" was first released, I was unsure of how much I would enjoy it, but each listen makes me love it more. The lyrics always speak to me in different ways each time. They're applicable in every facet of life. Here are some ways that the lyrics of "Reputation" can speak to you.

1. “Every love I’ve known in comparison is a failure.” ("...Ready For It?")

For when you post a picture of your new love on Instagram, knowing that all your exes follow you, and you’re high-key salty.

2. “You’ve been calling my bluff on all my usual tricks.” ("End Game")

For when someone calls you out when you’re being a whiny baby, and that makes you love them even more.

3. “If a man talks shit, I owe him nothing.” ("I Did Something Bad")

For when you are reminded each day that men really aren’t anything special, and you really don’t owe anyone anything.

4. “I once was poison ivy, but now I’m your daisy.” ("Don’t Blame Me")

For when you realize that you’re no longer the badass you thought you were.

5. “My reputation’s never been worse, so you must like me for me.” ("Delicate").

For when you figure out that some people are going to love you no matter what they hear about you.

6. “But I got smarter; I got harder in the nick of time.” ("Look What You Made Me Do")

For when you learn that people suck.

7. “But when I get you alone, it’s so simple.” ("So It Goes…")

For when you get to your room and can finally eat that entire carton of cookie dough ice cream.

8. “You make me so happy it turns back to sad.” ("Gorgeous")

For that person who you love so much, it hurts and you kind of want to cry when they interact with you

9. “Should’ve known I’d be the first to leave.” ("Getaway Car")

For when you realize that you’re always the one who gives up first.

10. “Say you fancy me, not fancy stuff.” ("King of My Heart")

For when you hope that they actually like you and not the things you give them.

11. “I’m a mess, but I’m the mess you wanted.” ("Dancing With Our Hands Tied")

For when you see yourself in the reflection of your laptop after you haven’t left your room all day but Netflix appreciates your business.

12. “Even in my worst times, you could see the best of me.” ("Dress")

For that person who holds you to the highest standard.

13. “And therein lies the issue; friends don’t try to trick you.” ("This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things")

For that one friend who, no matter what, you’re not sure if they actually like you.

14. “I want to wear his initial on a chain around my neck, not because he owns me, but ‘cause he really knows me.” ("Call It What You Want")

For when you buy a necklace with someone’s initial on it because you’re so in love.

15. “You squeeze my hand three times in the back of a taxi.” ("New Year’s Day")

For when your love surpasses words.