Taylor Swift Songs That We Need to Revisit

If you deny your love for Taylor Swift, you are lying.

25

Taylor Swift, although sometimes annoying and somewhat of a relationship addict, is a brilliant song writer, singer, and performer. She knows what the people want to hear and she is a lyrical genius, maybe not a genius but very good with her words.

But like most artists, many of her popular songs that play over and over again on the radio are not always the best songs on the album, but they are just the catchiest and have to potential of getting people hooked and listening.

"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", "Shake It Off", and "I Knew You Were Trouble" have been some of her most recent popular ones on the radio. And it is because they are catchy. They have get beats, great lyrics, and are very repetitive. But I would never agree that these are some of the great Taylor Swift songs. I, also, am one of those Taylor Swift junkies who knows every songs she has ever recorded, from the beginning of her career to her current stuff. And with all that T-Swift song knowledge, I can make an educated opinion and say that her earlier stuff was a bit better than some of her newer stuff. But that is also just my opinion and my hate for change.

But for other T-Swift obsessed fans, or fans who at least have heard most of her songs, I have very carefully and thoroughly gone through each of her albums, hand-selecting some of her all time greatest songs, the ones you cannot help but sing to. I have picked 13 songs (yes, I picked 13 because it is her favorite or lucky number), songs that bring back the good old day, that some fans forgot about and that I think every fan should go back and listen to just one more time.

I will start with her very first album, Taylor Swift.

1. Tied Together With a Smile: this song is beautiful and emotional and gets me shrieking the lyrics, which is very unpleasant for anyone to hear. This song is a song that every young girl needs to hear, listen to, and actually think about what the lyrics mean.

2. Should've Said No: the ultimate cheater song. This one gets you angry and singing, which, again, is not fun to hear.

3. Our Song: duh, it is a classic.

From her album Beautiful Eyes, which only featured six songs has one that gets me every time, which I am sure that not many people have heard.

4. I'm Only Me When I'm With You: this song was my theme song throughout high school, being as disgustingly shy as I was, I was literally only my true self around my very close friends. This song made me think Taylor Swift was just like me.

Her next album, Fearless, also featured many many brilliant songs, which were very hard to choose only a few from.

5. The Way I Loved You: again, very emotional and angry and got me singing and acting all sassy, just like Taylor Swift would act if she were singing it with me.

6. White Horse: this song is as emotional as they come, loving someone who you know doesn't love you as much as they could, chance after chance and they still prove you wrong, it gives me chills every time.

7. Hey Stephen: a classic that is cute, fun, upbeat, and a good sing-a-long.

Speak Now, another album with so many great songs, which again, where hard to choose from.

8. Last Kiss: I probably cried to this song once or twice #noshame.

9. Ours: okay, this song was cute and beautiful, but the music video is what truly got me, it made me love the song even more and I watched it over and over again.

Taylor Swift's album, Red, was a big one, maybe it was just because I worked at Target and her song would play on our display TVs every five minutes.

10. All Too Well: this girl is emotional, she tells such a beautiful and sad story with this song. It has always been one of my favorites, and I can picture this entire relationship playing out.

11. The Lucky One: this is an inside look at what it is like to actually be a star, is this how Taylor actually feels? Is this the sad truth behind the life of fame? It isn't about love like all her other songs. But it might be exactly how she actually feels about her excessive fame.

12. The Last Time: this song, featuring Gary Lightbody, tells a story, a beautiful and sad lover story. I think I am starting to see a trend. This one is great because she does not have too many songs featuring people, but when she does they are amazing and gorgeous. Like her song, "Everything Has Changed", featuring Ed Sheeran, pure magic.

And from her last and newest album, 1989, there are only a few songs that are not popular or that have not been heard by everyone, so I picked my favorite.

13. This Love: unfortunately, I could not find an actual version of this song that T-Swift herself sings. But this songs is dark and deep, this song is, again, beautiful and is so relatable.

The thing that makes Taylor Swifts songs so perfect and amazing is how relatable they are. Every girl, and I am sure guys too, can feel every word, can feel the emotion and pain and happiness and every little feeling put into her lyrics. She is a mastermind when it comes to story telling, word choice, and making her art something everyone can feel.