Taylor Swift Songs That Should've Been Singles

The songs on the radio aren't enough

935

Taylor Swift is the most famous person in the world today with quite possibly the best singles on the radio. There has never been a hit that hasn’t been charted or in the top 10. Let’s face it. Taylor Swift slays the music industry in more ways than one. But how many people in the world have only heard her songs on the radio and haven’t really given her albums a chance? We’re sure there’s a lot. Which is why we’ve decided to compile a list of songs that should’ve been singles from Swift’s entire discography because let’s face it, there are so many single worthy songs that she has. The singles she has now is just not enough for our Swiftie hearts.

So, if you haven’t really listened to a Taylor Swift album and want to know other single-worthy songs that she has, please continue reading. Oh, and while you’re at it, listen to the songs and buy an album or two. We promise, you’ll fall in love with Tay all over again.

ENCHANTED

This song is so magical and one of the best songs Taylor has ever done. It’s so good that Adam Young of Owl City wrote a response to Taylor. Why this wasn’t a single is beyond us but we wish it was.

COLD AS YOU

“Cold As You” is by far one of the best songs on Taylor’s debut album. The lyrics are brilliant and the vocals are on point. If you ever want to know where the phrase ‘mess of a dreamer” came from, it’s this song. Seriously, Tay, why didn’t you release this as a single?

THE OUTSIDE

Another song on her debut album that wasn’t given the single treatment and should have. This song has Taylor’s songwriting skills all over it. Did we also mention that she wrote this song when she was 12? It has an incredible narrative and is relative to anyone who’s ever been on the outside looking in.

HEY STEPHEN

Everyone has felt something for someone that may have not be reciprocated. With “Hey Stephen” we know that Taylor has felt that way too. The song sounds just like the intimate pages of her diary and it’s genius. Whoever Stephen is should feel lucky that they got such a great song dedicated to them. We’re in love and we know you are too.

LONG LIVE

If you think all Taylor writes about is heartbreak, think again. “Long Live” is a love letter to her band and her fans and it’s everything you’ve ever wanted. It’s true that Taylor and her fans are ruling the world and this song is just a little taste of what Taylor’s relationship with her fans means to her. It’s simply beautiful. Perhaps it hasn’t been a single because Taylor wanted to keep this one for her fans only. If that's the case, we won’t complain.

STATE OF GRACE

As an album opener, especially one for the masterpiece that is RED, “State of Grace” is a force to be reckoned with. It’s exhilarating while it captures the excitement, optimism and danger of a new love. Radio would have loved this song.

STAY STAY STAY

We can’t get over how adorable this song is. But of course we can’t, it’s from RED, one of the best albums in Taylor’s musical career. It’s celebrating a love not lost and it’s the best. Can we also mention her adorable laugh at the end of it all? Yea, we’re pretty much obsessed and think this song should’ve been a single and stayed, stayed, stayed on the radio.

WONDERLAND

All of 1989 could be a single and no one would complain. But since that didn’t happen, some incredible songs were left out like “Wonderland”. That’s an unfortunate reality because the song is genius on so many levels. The song gives off an Alice and Wonderland vibe with a Taylor Swift flare. It’s truly remarkable how she adds such heartbreaking lyrics to a song that could get stuck in your head forever. It’s brilliant and the radio community would’ve have played it death and still wouldn’t be sick of it. (The video is edited because of copyright reasons but you get the idea ha )

ALL TOO WELL

“All Too Well” could’ve have won a million and one Grammy’s if it were a single, and that’s not a joke. It’s single-handedly one of the best songs Taylor has ever put on an album. It’s raw, vulnerable and tells a tragically beautiful story of heartbreak. The lyrics are breathtakingly beautiful and every time we listen to, we have to listen to it again and again and again. If you don’t believe us, see for yourself:

HAUNTED

There's something about the haunting symphony in this song. The musical progressions tied in with the beautiful vocals are what make this song what it is today. Not to mention, Taylor filmed a video for the song in a mansion that was supposedly haunted. It all works and it should have been a single. The song is underrated, and that’s unfortunate.

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS STAY

We can’t tell you enough how much this song deserved to be a single. The high-pitched chorus and the relevancy of it all when you had wished someone would have stayed is real. It’s one of the best songs on 1989 and deserves every ounce of attention it gets.

COME BACK… BE HERE

This track was on the deluxe version for RED and is one of the bonus tracks Taylor has ever released. Not to mention the lyric “this is falling in love in the cruelest way” is hands down incredible. Don’t agree with us? Listen to the song.

I KNOW PLACES

This song is probably one of the most underrated songs on 1989 and we don’t understand why. It’s quite brilliant lyrically and it’s one of those songs where you can tell Taylor’s vocals have grown exceptionally. It’s intense but it’s supposed to be.

FEARLESS

The title track of Taylor’s sophomore release Fearless is by far one of the most influential tracks of Taylor’s career. It’s influenced so many people and has inspired thousands to be fearless. It’s remarkable how a teenager wrote the song. But it is Taylor Swift and she is probably the best songwriter of this generation.

HOLY GROUND

It’s almost like a sequel to “State Of Grace” and it will pull you in once you start to listen to it. We can’t tell you enough how amazing this song is and it comes from RED. It’s a story about reminiscing on an old love and realizing that the relationship was good, which calls for a wonderful song that the radio would've loved.

From Your Site Articles