What's the real reason Taylor is hated so much?

I find it so important having people to look up to.

Whether it be a family member, friend, or even someone you have never met, having a role model breaks down to the simple fact you have goals set up in your life.

On Friday, July 21st I drove to MetLife stadium with two of my best friends to watch Taylor Swift perform for the very first time.

I have been a Taylor Swift fan for as long as I can remember. But I remember clearly hearing "Look What You Made Me Do", and wondering what the hell happened to the Taylor I had always loved.

Her "Reputation" album shocked and stunned most of her fan base. Haters found even more of a reason to hate, while devoted fans (like myself) found even more of a reason to respect and love her.

As most people know, performing at MetLife is kind of a huge deal. It's a stadium; meaning thousands of people attend it and pay hundreds of dollars for decent seats. Mine were $200.

Big-time celebrities often take advantage of the fact that they're "big-time." In other words, their concert will be anticipated to begin around 7 p.m., then Beyoncé comes strolling out at 10. Rude, honestly.

Taylor's show began around 7:30 or 8 o'clock, and not until after she acknowledged Camila Cabello and Charlie XCX for their amazing opening acts. That in itself made me realize the consideration she has for both other rising singers and her fans.

Before and after each song, Taylor took the time to endorse her fans. "These light-up bracelets allow me to see each and every one of you," she said. "Even the ones in the highest row."

It is evident Taylor has become such a success over the years. But what makes her so real is how little it has affected her character.

My favorite part of the show was when she sang "New Year's Day" on the piano. She slowed the tempo and had us sing along, and after a long pause between words, even made a mistake.

"Guys...I just messed up," Taylor said, laughing.

I looked at my best friend in amazement. "She's so real," my friend said. "She's like a real person,"

And that's when I realized the whole reason I love Taylor Swift so much. Besides her amazing voice, clever song-writing skills, and undeniable beauty, she's just like us. She doesn't let things get to her head and she continues to do her own thing.

So the next time you want to hate on Taylor Swift, try and think of the real reason you despise her so much.

At the end of the day, she's still just another one of us.