Taylor Swift May Have Just Confirmed That She Is Re-Recording 'Red'

Taylor Swift is famous for her Easter eggs on social media that hint at what is coming next for her. Over the past few days, fans noticed a change in Swift's hair when she was accepting her win as Apple's songwriter of the year that was reminiscent of the "Red" era. Of course, this has caused widespread speculation that Swift has begun to re-record her masters.

Over the past few weeks, a lot of talk of her working on her previous album has begun, because she is now able to legally re-record her first five albums after her previous record company sold them to Scooter Braun.

Swift announced her intent to re-record in August 2019, but she simply had to bide her time. This November first rung in her eligibility to re-record most of her albums, from her 2007 self-titled album to her 2014 "1989" album. "Reputation" is still under contract and may not be able to be re-recorded and released until 2022. Fans have been speculating about which album will be re-recorded and released first and whether she'll re-record chronologically, but there has been no official word from Taylor herself. Fans have been digging, though, and making reasoning videos, with all signs pointing towards "Red." Between the hair and Swift talking about the original ten-minute version of her landmark-heartbreak song "All Too Well" in a recent podcast, fans are convinced it can't be any other album except "Red."

And now, Taylor Swift has all but confirmed this with a single Instagram post.

I am SCREAMING. Swift posted this Sunday afternoon, and while the photo itself is simple enough, the caption is catching the attention of Swifties everywhere.

"Not a lot going on at the moment" is what is printed on Taylor's shirt in the iconic music video of her song "22," a single on the "Red" album. It is also on the homemade shirt I wore to the "1989" tour when I was fifteen. Many Swifties think this is a clear sign that she's in the studio re-recording "Red," but Swift made a very similar post back in April that we now know was when she was making "Folklore." This post could mean anything, but it definitely means something. Every move Swift makes is planned out, and her media rollout is always legendary. (Did I mention this post was made on the 22nd?) While we can't always accurately predict Swift's next move, I, along with many people, will be anxiously awaiting her next announcement.

Last night at the 2020 American Music Awards, Taylor told everyone that she is currently re-recording her masters in the same studio she originally recorded them in which made the anticipation even more exciting.

Taylor has already gifted us with so much in 2020, but I know now that all I want for Christmas is the re-release of "Red" and that ten-minute cry break of "All Too Well."