The 7 Best Taylor Swift Music Videos, Ranked

The best videos from the music video queen.

27
In this article, I will be assessing the 7 best Taylor Swift music videos based on how well the video matches the song and the contents of the video, as well summarizing the basic story line of each video.

#7: "Love Story"

In "Love Story", Taylor acts as Juliet, while the lead male character is Romeo. They fall in love, but it is forbidden. The music video, like the song, follows the basic Romeo and Juliet narrative, but has a happy ending in which the main characters get permission to get married. The ending of both the video and song is interesting, but this specific play is overused. However, the costumes, fairy tale elements, and overall classic feel of the video is impeccable.

#6: "I Knew You Were Trouble"

The beginning of the "I Knew You Were Trouble" music video sets the scene perfectly by creating a sense of confusion, pain, and reminiscing, but it makes the video a little bit lengthy. The lead male character being a classic "bad boy" reinforces the point of the song by showing how Taylor knew he was trouble but it didn't stop her from falling in love. I think both the music video and song serve as a warning as to why it is important to trust your instincts. The video is special because it is almost as complex as a movie.

#5: "Blank Space"

In the music video for "Blank Space", Taylor Swift plays an insane bachelorette who drives guy after guy away with her jealousy. The words of the song set the perfect tone for this video, making it somewhat predictable but still relevant. When Taylor starts out dressing in all black, it seems to hint at her mourning her ex-lover and serves as a warning to her new lover that getting involved with her is his funeral. The depth of this music video and how well it goes with the song are what make it great.

#4: "Wildest Dreams"

The "Wildest Dreams" music video has many elements that I, personally, love. The classic, vintage vibe and the African safari setting makes this video feel like a breath of fresh air. Not to mention the leading male character being Scott Eastwood! Taylor, in the video, is an old Hollywood actress who falls in love with her male costar. An overall sense of longing is present in the song and music video, but there were parts of the song that didn't quite match the video. However, I feel as though those inconsistencies are redeemed by the fact that the music video proceeds went to wild animal conservation efforts.

#3: "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"

"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" has all the cardboard cutouts, furries, and wall phones a music video could ever need. Taylor is relentlessly chased by her ex boyfriend in this music video, despite her insisting that they will never get back together. The music video is upbeat and celebratory with a hint of empowerment behind it. The song also coincides with the video.

#2: "You Belong With Me"

In the classic "You Belong With Me" music video, Taylor has a crush on her neighbor, who is dating a classic mean girl. She feels that she is the better fit for him, despite her being part of the band and his girlfriend being a cheerleader. The video is perfectly in line with the lyrics of the song and the way this video was shot really helps portray the feeling of longing that is demonstrated in the song.

#1: "Bad Blood"

The "Bad Blood" music video is Taylor Swift's best video because it not only includes many influential people from pop culture, but the feud between 'Catastrophe' and 'Arsyn' perfectly highlights the meaning of the song. This music video shows each character's respective teams, how they prepare for battle, and the final encounter with the two powerful groups of women. Overall, it is evident that there was a lot of time and money put into this music video.