Why The Taylor Swift Groping Case Is So Important

She drew the line and David Mueller crossed it.
9

Taylor Swift has a lot of power with being a celebrity and popular pop singer, and she is known for speaking up for what she believes in. Sexual assault is a big deal, and Taylor Swift helped draw a line in the sand to show everyone when enough is enough.

Swift spent the past four years battling it out against DJ David Mueller after he was fired. He made a case against Swift's mother, Andrea, saying she had him fired because of his alleged groping of her daughter. The picture easily shows Mueller's hand resting on Taylor's butt as the picture is taken. That was all the way back in 2013.

Taylor Swift only sued Mueller for a mere dollar. That is right, one dollar. She doesn't need the money, and she knows that. She solely had this case to prove her point. Putting your hand on some young women's ass while taking a picture at a backstage meet and greet is in fact, wrong.

The picture clearly shows what Mueller is doing, and his disgusting, perverted smile shows a little bit of pride. It absolutely disgusts me how he thought it was okay to do something like that. Like, what in the hell is your problem, you low life piece of scum.

Taylor said that she is lucky to be able to afford the ability to go through a court case like this one to prove Mueller of his wrong doings. She understands not everyone can afford that and hopes that justice comes to life for them, as well.

Swift really showed what the right thing to do was. She did not want, nor need, financial compensation for the grotesque action. You might think my use of descriptors is a little over the top for some old guy's hand on a pop singer's ass, but it is never right for someone to touch someone without consent. Male or female, young or old.

You might say that, "Well, it wasn't rape." Yeah, well, Charlottesville isn't World War 3 (yet), but it still isn't okay. When in time did someone strip the meaning from the human body to be purely sexual, and free for anyone to touch? It is completely wrong, inconsiderate, repulsive, disgusting, and many more adjectives I could use to describe it, but I'll stop at that small list.

Taylor is also reportedly planning to donate money to programs that help people that are victims of sexual assaults. Taylor's lawyer, Doug Baldridge, was praising Swift for her heroic actions and her ability to show everyone when enough is enough. It is 2017 and hopefully people are starting to get the message. And hopefully, Mueller gets the message and the shaming he deserves for the rest of his life. Women shouldn't be subjected to objects, nor men. Taylor Swift is showing us that no matter what, standing up for yourself will pay off in the end.