Tarot & Me

Tarot & Me

...and the path that has led me to the calm within

117
Tarot & Me
Sydney Major

I'm new to spirituality, but I've always been interested in it. I've always felt a calling towards it. I remember I was 13 years old when I got my first tarot deck; it was a miniature version of the Rider Waite tarot. I have since lost that desk due to me being careless, but I also feel as if I wasn't ready to delve into that aspect of my life yet. Now I feel closer to reaching my higher self and being in tune with the world around me. My tarot cards guide me, and through them my spirit guides offer me wisdom. It's really calming to use them, and sometimes they're scary accurate to my question. Spirituality has brought me closer with myself and helped me know myself more than I ever have. I'm still a beginner to the whole idea, but I feel that this is the right path that I am to take.

You can have as many decks as you want. I always pick out the ones that call out to me, the ones that want to be held. My first deck was an Egyptian themed one. I still use it, but my main deck that I connect to is The Wild Unknown. The art is beautiful and I can feel the vibrations in them. When you pick a card, your energy picks what it vibrates to. I feel so much energy with this deck that it's hard for me to use my other ones. If I haven't used the others in a while I have to charge them by putting a crystal on top of them so they can recharge. I also don't let many people touch my deck because when another touches your own deck, their energy gets absorbed into the cards. I only let close friend touch them. If I do a reading for someone, I have to ask within if I feel like I can let them put their energy into it.

I can understand when people say they don't believe it. What I believe, though, is in the Law of Attraction. The vibrations of the cards call out to you whether or not you sense it. Energy is all around us; energy cannot be destroyed. Whether or not you can sense this energy, it is always around us. It takes time to become grounded and feel what is right for you, no matter what you follow or find true for yourself. I've found calmness in tarot and spirituality, and I know in my heart and soul that this is the path I am to take. Everyone interprets the cards the way they see it themselves. Whatever reaches out to you that you feel is the meaning is the meaning. I feel the vibration from what I see in the cards and it guides me to a different understanding.

Usually when a card keeps showing up for me, I know that my guides are trying to say something. The Hanged Man has been my card for a few months now. What I feel it telling me is that I need to let go of something. When I think about it, I know that there has been negativity that I've been holding on to that should have been let go a while ago. It's hard to let go of something that you hold so dear to you, but in time I will be able to. It used to come up a lot when I was holding on to the death of my dad, and it took me some time to be at peace with the situation. Now, though, I know it's about another relationship in my life that is not good for me at the time. With my cards, they help me realize other things that I might not see in true color.

Tarot is a big part of my life. I feel happy to have it help me because I accept what they try to tell me. I believe that my spirit guides are here to help me, and even though it is taking me some time to fully be aware of everything, I will get there. Everyone has their own path, and I'm happy to have found my calling and to be able to follow what feels right for me.