10 Confessions Of A Twenty-Something Target Addict

I bet my mom does a deep sigh whenever she sees a Target charge on my debit card.

993

When I moved into my apartment last year there were a lot of things that I was excited about. I am living on my own for the first time, there are some really cute dogs that visit the dog park by my building, but I was most excited when I found out that there is a Target right down the street from me.

In my hometown, I had to drive about 15 minutes to get to the nearest Target. Having a Target within walking distance of me now is a very dangerous thing. I'll admit it, I am a Target addict. I would say that the first step to curing my addiction is admitting I have a problem, but if I'm being honest, I don't really have any desire to change my ways. Here are the 10 realizations I've had about my Target addiction.

1. I spend way too much time at my local Target

When I go to the self check out and the little voice says "Thanks, see you again soon" I always think to myself "yeah, you'll probably see me tomorrow."

2. I can't ever leave with just one thing 

I could go in there with every intention of grabbing one thing and walking out, but let's be honest, that would be a miracle. If I go in to get some shampoo you best believe I'm going to walk out with a new nail polish, some ice cream, and probably a new shirt.

3. Target is stepping up their clothing game

I am in love with Wild Fables and Universal Threads! Honestly, 99% of my wardrobe is from Target.

4. It's super convenient

Target is always there for me! I can get everything from cleaning supplies to clothes all in one place.

5. Everyone who works there is so nice

Every time I go in there someone says good morning/afternoon to me and there is always someone around to grab the Graeter's chocolate chip ice cream off the top shelf of the freezer for me because I'm way too short to reach it on my own. Not all heroes wear capes sometimes they wear khakis and a red shirt.

6. They've got some great deals

My Target loves to put my favorite wine on sale. At 23, there isn't much that makes me happier than cheap wine.

7. I should always go in with a list of what I need, but I never do

Usually what ends up happening is I'll go into Target to get something and I'll leave with a bunch of stuff I don't need and forget the thing I went in there to get.

8. I know my local Target like the back of my hand

I spend so much time there that I could tell you where everything is in the store. Need some groceries? First floor back right corner. Need a new phone charger? Upstairs as soon as you get off the escalator. I could practically work there at this point.

9. There is no such thing as a quick trip to Target

I may know where everything is in the store, but that doesn't mean I don't get distracted by everything. The dollar section in the front of the store always catches my eye and I can't go to Target and not peruse the office supplies aisle and the home décor.

10. A Target gift card is like gold to me 

Target gift cards are the best gift anyone could get me. They are super precious to me, but I use them pretty quickly. If I go into Target with a gift card burning a hole in my pocket there is a good chance I'm leaving with a new pair of jeans or a candle.

Clearly, my love for Target runs deep. Moving into an apartment building that is right down the street from a Target has been tragic for my bank account, but very beneficial for my overall happiness.