8 Ways Netflix's 'Tall Girl' Got Being The Tall Girl Right

"Face it, you're the tall girl."

207
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfpXeLVzJIw

The new Netflix movie may have a cliche plot and message, but "Tall Girl" accurately displays parts of this (6 feet!) tall girl's high school experience. Watch the trailer here!

A nice guy is about to ask you out...

until he realizes that you are much taller than him.

PSA: There is nothing wrong with a woman being taller than her man!

"How's the weather up there?"

Haha. Like I haven't heard that one 70 times today.

Tall girls have short(er), spunky friends who often come to our defense in BIG ways

We'd be lost without them!

Finding fashionable clothes

It is very difficult to dress our oddly proportioned bodies in clothes that make us feel comfortable. Shopping with friends of society's "average" height is very frustrating and difficult.

Most tall girls don't want to date a short guy

It comes back to societal standards. For our entire lives, we struggle to fit in with society's definition of "feminine" because we are so tall. Insecurities often cloud our judgment in life, relationships and more.

The frustration of tall guys dating short girls

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnn

Being labeled "The Tall Girl"

You could be great at everything in the world or leading a project that you are passionate about, but no matter what the first thing that comes to someone's mind about you is, "Oh she's the tall girl."

People try and make you feel normal

But as Jodi (the lead in "Tall Girl") says, "Every time you try to make me feel more normal, you just end up making me feel more of a freak."

Now is this movie a perfect representation of what is it like being tall? No. But it does cover a lot of recurring themes in the lives of tall girls!