Why "Talking" Is Just Stupid

Why "Talking" Is Just Stupid

#dontwastemytime2016

956
Why "Talking"  Is Just Stupid
www.cuded.com

There once was a time when ones relationship status provided one of two options:

1. Single

2. Taken

Well, in today's generation, we have created another pointless option if you ask me... "talking." One day I found myself trying to explain to my mother what exactly this talking new-school era thing is, but then suddenly, realized how dumb I sounded when I could not find the words. The conversation basically went like this:

Mom: So what is "talking" exactly?

Me: Well, it's the in-between stage of dating (a.k.a.) getting to know someone.

Mom: Is that person considered your boyfriend/girlfriend?

Me: The two people act like they're are in a relationship, but are still free to do whatever.

I left the conversation feeling as if I were born in the wrong generation, wishing I grew up in a time where people were straightforward and to the point. Ya know, no grey areas? It is because "talking" that people have serious trust issues when it comes to dating. Fear and love cannot occupy the same space, therefore that is often why no one ever moves past the talking stage.

"Talking" is stupid because it builds up walls. People make promises in the moment and end up breaking them. "Talking" is stupid because it causes insecurities. "Talking" is stupid because getting out of the "talking" stage is complicated. "Talking" is stupid because the conversation of "what are we?" shouldn't intimidate you. If you want to be in a relationship with me, then grow a pair of balls and properly ask me to be your girlfriend. "Talking" is stupid because everyone claims they want loyalty or just want someone who's down, but 9 times out of 10 they're most likely full of BS. Most importantly "talking" is stupid because it leads to nowhere.

What is the point of investing your time in someone if you cannot grow and build with them? This generation is so confused on the idea of love that we're willing to be in the "talking" stage instead of waiting it out for someone who will let us where we stand.

You should not have to question where you stand with someone in any relationship and if you do it's most likely going nowhere. #dontwastemytime2016

From Your Site Articles