It’s that time in the semester again that makes us go right back into panic mode: midterm exams. This halfway mark tests the knowledge we have learned in the first couple of months of classes.
The only problem is proving we’ve remembered it all! No matter what format they are in, exams are a pain to study for. Here are the different stages of taking midterms through the colorful storytelling of Showtime’s acclaimed series “Shameless.”
Warning: The following GIFs may contain profanity.
1. Being told the midterm exam date.
2. Asking if there will be a study guide.
3. Sitting down to study at 8 p.m. and confident you will ace the exam.
4. Then, you get a text message from your friend.
5. After texting, you start to feel hungry so you make a snack.
6. You look at the clock. It’s almost 11 p.m. and you haven’t done any studying.
7. So, you really need to buckle down.
8. After hours of intense studying, it’s almost 4 a.m. You have four hours before your 8 a.m. class.
9. You missed your alarm and class starts in 30 minutes.
10. But, you make it from your dorm room with five minutes to spare.
11. The professor passes out the exam. You’re either ready and know what you’re doing...
12. Or, you’re freaking out that you forgot everything you studied and are going to fail.
13. The first question...
14. And every question after that.
15. You finish the midterm and hand it to your professor. Now you wait until the grade is posted online.
16. You passed!
17. You’re so happy that you show your parents.
Without a doubt, there are a lot of emotions and stress that goes into studying for midterms, but remember to be calm, take good notes, seek a tutor, do whatever you need to do to get an A. Good luck!