Taking A Winter Class Is Gruesome But Super Worth It

if you ever want to do something really intensive and stay up a couple of nights cramming, I recommend taking a gruesome online winter class.

7
Photo by Helloquence on Unsplash

I decided to take a winter class online to lighten up the course load for the spring semester. The class was corporate finance. I thought it would be alright and with the quick 4 weeks, I thought it would be enough time to get credit fast. But, wow, I really did not know what I was getting myself into. THERE IS SO MUCH HOMEWORK. Every week, the instructor would most about 2-3 modules and each individual module had about 80 slides. It was just so intensive. Then we were required to do discussion boards and interact with peers. To be honest, that was my favorite part of the course because I got to see that there were other people like me who were struggling with some of the concepts. There would often be questions about the homework. The thing was, every week we would have about 60 homework questions, and some of them were often so long and hard, that it really made me question whether I could even finish them.

Overall, I did end up doing good in the course because I did stay focused, but it was very challenging. It was the winter break, and I always wanted to visit friends. My friends live back in Queens and a lot of them often work at different hours. So, I would try to accommodate their times. However, it was especially hard when the day used to be a Tuesday or a Friday because I often had homework due then, or I had to catch up on the modules to do homework. It was especially gruesome for one week, as I couldn't visit any of my friends or rather do anything special because I had an exam and really had to study. However, all in all, I am glad that I took the class. I feel like it a brief overview of the course and it had all the important aspects of the course. I actually ended up liking the homework after the second week, because I felt like it was not busy work, but rather had all the important aspects that the instructor thought that we should know. So, if you ever want to do something really intensive, and stay up a couple of night cramming, I recommend taking a gruesome online winter class.