Take One Step at a Time

Take One Step at a Time

To the person that is working to become a better + wiser + healthier you, I’m rooting for you!

1385
Take One Step at a Time

Throwback of 2007 when One Step at a Time came out by Jordin Sparks! Weren't those the good ole' days? It seems like yesterday, that song was a bop. If you aren't too familiar with the song it goes a little like this,

"We live and we learn to take

One step at a time

There's no need to rush

It's like learning to fly

Or falling in love

It's gonna happen when it's

Supposed to happen that we

Find the reasons why

One step at a time"

Just recently I found myself listening to this song more than ever before. I do not know what season you are in right now, but if you are like me, this season has not been the easiest. There are a few desires that have been placed on my heart and I am praying they come to fruition. In this current season that I am in, life has been busy with trying to get into grad school and I have been studying for a big test along with other life occurrences. With everything going on, the Lord allowed me to see that I was placing so much stress on myself and what I could do rather than allowing Him to guide my way. If we look back at the song it says, "take one step at a time, there's no need to rush" -- well if you are like me, not rushing is difficult. I think of myself as a futuristic gal. Someone that struggles to live in the moment, all I want to do is see and know what is next. For these past few years, I've realized that I like to be in control and it stresses me out not to know what is next.

Why is it so hard to sit and wait? Why do we struggle to just be still? Will we ever comprehend what it means not to rush? These are some of the questions I ask myself.

You may also be working or longing for something that you find yourself wanting to give up on! It could be getting into school, getting a new job, starting a family, getting married, being in a healthy relationship, losing/gaining weight … the list continues. Whatever it may be, I am rooting for you because I know it is not easy! The part in the song where it says, "it's gonna happen when it's supposed to happen" encourages me to meditate on Psalms 37:4 that says, "delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart". When the verse says to "delight yourself in the Lord" it encourages us to seek Him and while we are seeking Him our sight is not on what we long for, but what He desires for us. If He's placed it on our hearts, then it will come to pass. Let me clarify first! It will come to pass in His timing, not ours.

Can I just remind you that you are right where you need to be! I am proud that you are working towards bettering yourself. In this season of waiting, you may experience breakdowns and disappointments but that is okay. Let it out! Take deep breaths and give yourself grace because it'll all work out.