Today, Take More Risks

Today, Take More Risks

Being bravely bold in a world full of opportunities.

9
Mikayla Fuller

"He was a bold man that first ate an oyster." (Jonathan Swift)

Bold is a word that has been used to describe many great men and women in history, but how can the average man become bold enough to make his voice heard, and take risks to change his life for the better?

As humans we sometimes over-estimate the probability of something going wrong. We focus too much on loss, or sacrifice, and not enough on the opportunities we have available. Too often we allow our thoughts of self-doubt to convince us that we do not have what it takes to succeed. So because of this we avoid pursuing new opportunities as a lack of trust in ourselves. We stay in our comfort zones and evade courageous feats.

But where does this absurd fear of failure come from? I too have fallen victim to staying in my comfort zone, but I've come to realize that life is much better spent by not worrying, stressing, or doubting in yourself.

Live your life as you please, because life is too short to only imagine what you could become in the pursuit of your dreams. Actions behind these imaginations are what separate the average man from the great man.

Ask yourself, "What would I be doing this minute if I was more bold?" Whatever your answer, it's pointing you in the direction of your future life to find a better you. Will there be risks and frightening decisions? Of course! But don't wait for great moments to come along, make them happen and refrain from remaining stagnant to become your constant habit.

Your life is just a series of deliberately planned risks, with every choice you make producing an unknown outcome. You can't run unless you take your first step, but once you do everything becomes easier and you gain more confidence with each passing decision. When you really think about it, living life without taking chances is risky in itself. The only guaranteed way to fail, is by avoiding risks completely. So step outside your comfort zone, and try new things. Not only will you grow as a person, but your life will become a series of unexpected adventures full of absurd memories and stories worth telling.

Do what makes you feel most alive. Risk everything and regret nothing. Travel the world, move to a new city, start a business, go skydiving, and climb Mount Everest. Maybe everything won't go as planned, but seeing if it does will be the best experience you've ever had.