An Online Program Helped Me Find My Purpose In Real Life: College

Now I know what's best for me and how I can be successful.

144

Everyone has a struggle in life.

Maxwell Maltz once said, "Realizing that our actions, feelings and behavior are the result of our own images and beliefs gives us the level that psychology has always needed for changing personality."

I always found myself looking at myself in the mirror. I always struggled with my depression, deciding what college is best for me and deciding what pathway to go down

After starting college at Rochester, I was in a weird place where I was debating if I should finish my schooling. I found my calling at Jefferson Community College to get my degree and to settle with my associates. I wanted to finish what I started at Rochester at JCC.

But once I started taking classes, I realized I was becoming depressed.

I constantly blamed myself for only taking online classes and letting my depression take over. But soon enough, I found that my depression was not the cause for me taking the path I was choosing. I was always scared of losing hope or dropping out of college, but I was debating dropping out because I was scared I wouldn't become someone.

Lucky for me, I found my saving grace program.

On-Course helped me stay in college with the help of planning my life and deciding what I want to do. I wrote down what I needed to know to stay in college, instead of dropping out. But above that, I showed people that I could do it even though being in college was a tough decision.

I had to balance my mental health and college together.

On-Course helped me choose my college path and help decide what would be best for me. I wrote down all of my plans but I quickly realized that as I was writing these plans, I didn't actually know which college I wanted to go to or when I really wanted to go.

I didn't even know if I wanted to graduate on time or just wait it out.

I always pictured myself dropping out because I had no idea what I wanted. But with the help of On-Course, I was able to think about my choices and gain a better outlook on life. I wanted to be someone in life, and I wanted to know what was best for me.

Now, I can finally say that I know what's best for me.

Being in college has given me choices in order to help me plan my life better and plan it in a set time frame. With this course, I have been able to talk to my advisor about my plans and now am looking to graduate in December 2018.

Graduating would give me the option to move back home to South Carolina and show everyone that I can go medical school, which is something I've always hoped for.

I want to become someone so with me going back home it will make me much happier, and I will not be around negative all the time. On-Course helped me decide what I wanted to do with my life. It helped me realize I want to permanently move back home and be happy.