Take Care Of Your Friends

Take Care Of Your Friends

They make our lives happier, easier, and so enjoyable.

16
Take Care Of Your Friends
Kit Langan

Without good friends, what would our lives be like? Friends make life so much easier and so much better. They're there for you when the going gets tough, when you need a little advice, a good laugh, or just good company. It's a given, but it's important to take care of your friends and to thank them for all that they contribute to your life. We all have the tendency to get consumed in our own day to day lives at times. It's easy to overlook what is going on in a friend's life if there is so much going on in your own personal life. I've come to the realization that while academics, careers, and personal success are all important, nothing can surpass the importance of the relationships and bonds that we form throughout the course of our lives.

Time seems to go by so fast. We develop friends as children, teenagers, and adults. Though times change and distance may factor in, good friends will stay by your side through whatever changes that life throws at you. It's important to show those that have been there for you that you care for them deeply and that you appreciate all that they have done for you. Long distance friendships are difficult, yet so meaningful. The friends that you don't necessarily speak to every day but know will be there for you the moment that you need them are the greatest. It's very hard to stay in touch with friends that are separated from you by distance, but sending them a message or giving them a call every now and then helps to close the gap that comes with change and distance.

There are so many ways to show your good friends that you appreciate them. I think it's important to tell them as often as possible. Some simple ways that you can show a friend how thankful you are for them are by lending them your time, giving them a phone call, going out of your way to help them with a situation or a problem that they may be facing, bringing them their favorite food or drink, and consistently being there for them. Being a good friend is so important. Keeping your promises, following through, and being considerate all have such positive effects on friendships.

I think Lee Brice said it best when he said, "be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you". Without friends, life would feel incomplete. It's important to take the time to recognize how thankful we are for our friends, to let them know how thankful we are for them, and perhaps most importantly: to take care of them. Oftentimes, actions speak louder than words. What we do in life and how we do it matters. Life can take unexpected turns quickly, and it's important to strive to be the best friend that you can be and to let those that make your life a little happier, easier, and enjoyable know how important they truly are.