With the beginning of the school year, brings every college students favorite time. Syllabus week. For most of us, it is a full week of getting to know the other people in your classes, and no homework. To others, it's your worst nightmare. You find yourself already struggling with not reading the syllabus before the first class, having no friends in your class, or taking a class that is more advanced than you thought. Listen, it happens to the best of us.
1. Back together with your friends
Even though you had a great summer with your home friends, you couldn't wait to get back to campus and be with all of your school friends again.
2. You have big plans for you and your friend group
Whatever it is, talk about goals you want to achieve for the semester or school year.
3. You forget to set your alarm
You never want to be that one person to walk in late on the first day because you didn't set an alarm.
4. Walking to your 8am
8am classes are never a good idea. Period.
5. Wearing all your new clothes
Of course you will want to come back from summer to show off your new clothes
6. You had homework due the first day
Tip: always look at the syllabus before the first day of class. You never know if your professor posted an assignment for the first day.
7. Your professor starts teaching on the first day
You know it will be a long semester when your professor starts on chapter one on the first day of class.
8. You haven't bought the textbook
Again, always look at the syllabus beforehand to be ready for the first day
9. You have to eat lunch alone
It's always the worst feeling when you find out that all of your friends have classes when you want to go to lunch
10. All of your friends want to go out
Of course all of your friends have no homework and decide to all go out...except you have a 3-page paper on the summer reading you didn't do
11. You can't stop staring at the cute guy sitting next to you
Whatever you do, just stay cool
12. When you and your best friend take the same class
This could either be a good thing, or the worst decision of your life
13. Having to stay the entire class period
It's a bad sign that you probably won't like you professor this semester
14. Being overwhelmed reading the syllabus
15. Finally it's the freakin' weekend
Finally it's Friday...which means the weekend! Unfortunately it's back to regular class on Monday. Can't it stay syllabus week forever?