Switzerland Puts an End to Animal Testing

Animal Cruelty is Further Lessened

11
pixabay.com

With many countries eradicating the violent, cruel practices of animal testing, it's so great to see Switzerland join the number who have worked to lessen animal cruelty. Animal testing is an outdated practice that's actually been proved ineffective, and many studies have affirmed this. What works and doesn't work for one species can never truly speak for another. The only way to know if something is harmful for humans is to test it on humans! If manufacturers and cosmetic companies used less toxic ingredients in the first place, we wouldn't need such extensive testing.

As of now, the sale of products sourced in animal testing is illegal throughout the entire country, and this is long-awaited. The bill was proposed in March of last year, and will change the inventories of stores all over Switzerland.

The suffering of animals for cosmetics is unethical and illogical. How could lifetimes of torture be justified for the masking of a pimple or the coloring of an eyelid?

It turns out that Switzerland is not entirely alone in this initiative. Many other countries are looking forward and planning to introduce more humane ways of creating beauty products in the coming years. Such countries include Denmark, Canada, Taiwan, New Zealand, and more!

It's really just time for the world to step up and do the right thing, even if that means taking it one step at a time.

No animal should be confined in a laboratory it's entire life, poked and prodded at, tested on with harmful concoctions, and who knows what else. Do your part to support cruelty free companies and initiatives to end animal testing.