The T Swift Evolution Isn't A Pretty One

Talking about how you hate Taylor Swift's song online is fine but putting a video on the internet for thousands of people to see you say that you want her dead is not the way.

36
wikimedia commons

After Taylor Swift’s new song came out, I witnessed a lot of heated debates involving everything related to Taylor Swift. I just so happened to decide that I wanted to watch Taylor Swift’s evolution. So, I watched almost all her music videos and right in front of me was a full evolution of exactly how she became who she is today.

"Love Story"

We all know that this song was written when she was dating. She might have dated a lot of people but the songs she wrote in her earlier career are very pure. It is full of simple expression of her feelings. I am not here to judge how many boyfriends she’s had. I really do appreciate the fact that she gives it her all every time. And writes beautiful songs about it.

"Mean"

This is a song to fight back a certain celebrity who shall not be named in my article. I know a lot of people think it sounds like a whiny teenager but let’s just take a minute to say that her music is still very positive, focuses on self-growth and being positive. But this is where she starts to care about her criticism a little too much.

"Shake It Off"

I mean, this is a good song. She is fighting back against the harsh criticisms on media in a very positive and reasonable way. In her own cute and goofy way. But she just can't seem to escape the criticism.

"Blank Space"

This song is when everything started to go a little psycho, just look at the music video. I mean, I know that is supposed to be everything people say that she is but I have to say that it creeped me out. It is just no longer her anymore. Her dark side has come out. And people who are against her on the social media have brought her dark side out.

"Bad Blood"

This is when she fully commits to not being a goodie two shoes. Her life experience has led her to a completely different track. I am neither for or against her as a person. I respect her as a singer and songwriter. She has a lot of fame and the hate also came along with it. People who hate her bully her all the time.

"Look What You Made Me Do"

Cyberbullying has gone so wrong. I am no longer a fan of Taylor Swift but just look at what the world has turned her into. This song is full of hate and shade throwing. It lacks her usual fragile emotions and instead is full of hatred and vengeance. This is her defense mechanism. Writing songs is the only way she can express herself to the public. I know that not everyone likes her. It is okay to disagree with what she has to say. But it is not okay to disagree with her existence.

Also, for Taylor Swift, she cares way too much about what people say to her. She really just needs to learn to ignore the hateful comments knowing that they are never going to go away. She was positive for a while but we could see she’s reached her tipping point. There are so many songs addressing the hateful comments she has received and she needs to learn to take it lightly. Making a song about it is not going to make it go away. She is a completely different person than when she started. I am not sure if that is what she wants.

At the end of the day, I just want to say that creating a safe cyberspace is very important. Everyone’s existence needs to be respected. All individuals are worthy. Talking about how you hate Taylor Swift's song online is fine but putting a video on the internet for thousands of people to see you say that you want her dead is not the way. Please, please, please be kind to her. After all, she is only human.