Swae Lee The Songbird Of Our Generation
Life Stages

Why Swae Lee Is The Songbird Of Our Generation

I love Swae Lee and he has made countless amazing songs, but here are 7 of them that will make you agree with me.

160

Hi, my name is Kevin Montague and I'm about to say something that you, the reader, might find completely wrong, but guess what? I don't care, this my article, not yours. My point is, Swae Lee is the songbird of our generation. I know, crazy, right? Just kidding, no it's not, now let me give you examples as to why Khalif Malik Ibn Shaman Brown is the songbird of our generation and why I love him.

1. "Touchscreen Navigation" by Swae Lee

If i had a dollar for every time I screamed the hook of this song while driving in my 2006 Subaru Outback, I'd be able to buy a much nicer car. "Touchscreen Navigation" is a song that I implore you to listen to, as afterwards you to can scream "Touchscreen Navigation" in your "not as nice as you want it to be" car too.

2. "Guatemala" by Swae Lee, Slim Jxmmi, and Rae Sremmurd 

Before Swae Lee made this song, I couldn't even spell "Guatemala," now i know that it's a beautifully scenic country in Central America and that the name "Guatemala" comes from the Nahuatl word Cuauhtēmallān, which means "place of many trees." So not only has Swae Lee made a great song, he also taught me about the world and I'm more cultured for it now.

3. "Unforgettable" by French Montana featuring Swae Lee

If you've been to at least one party in the last year and haven't heard this song then you're a liar and I hate liars. But guess what? Nobody cares about this song because of French Montana's verses, they're here for one reason and it's SWAE LEE and his hook!

4. "Dream Catcher" by Metro Boomin featuring Swae Lee and Travis Scott

You ever heard an angel's voice? Neither have I, but Swae Lee is damn close. Yeah, yeah, Travis Scott is cool too and Metro Boomin is a top 3 producer right now; but this is a Swae Lee list.

5. "TR666" by Swae Lee and Trippie Redd

Scratch the thing I said about an angel in "Dream Catcher" because in "TR666," Swae Lee goes way harder to be the songbird of our generation. Together with Trippie Redd and Scott Storch, he pretty much accomplishes that right here in 2:34.

6. "Real Friends by Camila Cabello featuring Swae Lee

Do you like to cry? Because I sure don't, but Swae Lee can make me do that. Here he joins up with former Fifth Harmony member, Camila Cabello, and they make a beautiful song that everyone can love.

7. "Swang" by Rae Sremmurd

Who is Swae Lee without his brother Slim Jxmmi? The answer, they're not Rae Sremmurd. Rae Sremmurd is great and made countless great songs, but if there's one song that really exemplified that Swae Lee is the star of the duo, it's "Swang." Remember kids "Cash in the air, yeah, what goes up gotta come down."