Surviving The Summer As An Overactive Sweater
Life Stages

8 Things You Know To Be True If You Are Surviving The Summer As An Overactive Sweater

I didn't choose the sweat life; the sweat life chose me.

730
https://cdn7.bigcommerce.com/s-zpm3yf7t7h/content/ruttg6.jpg
Big Commerce

I've struggled with sweating since the moment I hit puberty. My 6th-grade yearbook picture is in a bright pink shirt, and if you look down where my arms are across my chest, you can see a ring of dark pink sweat staring you right in the eye.

Yeah, middle school was rough. I thought that it was something I would grow out of, or at least that's what my doctor tried to convince me, but they knew otherwise. I learned my lesson to never wear another color shirt except for black on picture day.

Especially going into high school. It was only going to get worse as my anxiety heightened during such an important time of my life when I was trying to be popular, cool, and liked. I also worked my butt off to be the best cheerleader and cross country runner. Sweat stains followed me everywhere.

These are things you know to be true if you are an overactive sweater, especially in the middle of summer.

1. Even just sitting down, you're dripping.

2. Any type of physical activity makes you feel like you're drowning.

3. Forget about even attempting to be the "hot girl" at the gym...

4. Because instead, you look like this.

5. Showing up to any social occasion like you walked there from the desert.

6. You can't even enjoy having long, beautiful locks because they're A HEAT CHAMBER.

7. Getting up from your seat and looking down and seeing a giant butt print.

8. Even when it's freezing, you get cold sweats, too.

Basically what I'm saying is that in every single possible situation you can think of, I'm a sweaty mess. I like to tell myself it's because I'm well hydrated and have a fast metabolism, but I know that is far from the truth. I can wake up from the deepest sleep and have all my sheets soaking wet because I apparently sweat even in my sleep as well. Even when I'm doing absolutely nothing except breathing.

I bring a jacket with me everywhere I go because I get cold sitting in my shirt that's soaking wet from my underarms. Plus the jacket helps cover up the stains. It's a win-win fashion accessory during a sweat emergency.

I've spent the last 10 years of my life trying to hide the fact that I sweat, a lot. I've tried every type of deodorant, and I've only worn black shirts or sweaters. Finally, I've come to terms with the fact that I didn't choose the sweat life; the sweat life chose me.