12 Tips For Surviving The Dreaded Finals Week

A college student's declassified school survival guide: tip #654

96
We Heart It

All college students dread the two week gap between Thanksgiving break and Christmas break. Why you ask? Finals...that's why. As soon as you've digested your turkey and stuffing, you're hit with impending due dates. As soon as you get back to campus, you scramble to write papers, finish projects, and work on presentations that are way too close for comfort. On top of all of your final assignments, you have to start making a study guide of everything you've learned since August; let's be real...you don't remember any of it. Here is how you can survive finals season without crying too much.

1. Do Work At Home Over Thanksgiving Break

Or while you're sitting at the airport. You will feel so much more accomplished and less stressed if you have at least one paper finished by the time you're back on campus. You'll thank yourself later.

2. Drink Coffee

Caffeine will be your literal best friend during finals season.

3. Organize Your Schedule

Coordinate your study schedule based on your final schedule. Don't be worrying about your math final on Monday yet if you have a science final the Friday before. Prioritize what you are unsure of; you don't need to read a chapter of a book that you could recite in your sleep.

4. Don't Forget To Eat

Food is your fuel. It isn't healthy to skip meals to study. Get your food to-go and multi-task. You can munch while you read.

5. Claim Your "Go-To" Study Space

Find that cozy, quiet corner in the library that no one even knows exists.

6. Go To Sleep

You need a good night's sleep in order to be ready to take that early final. Don't cram the information into your head 5 hours before your exam; whatever you know at that point is what you know...have faith in yourself.

7. Study With People In Your Class

No one knows what you're going through better than your fellow classmates who are struggling with the material as well. Team up and you can tackle your study guide together.

8. Listen To Music

Not only will this calm you down, but it is proven that if you listen to a certain song while studying, and you listen to it before taking an exam, your chances of remembering the material increases.

9. Call Your Parents

Let them know you're (kind of) okay. "No, I'm not crying Mom!"

10. Watch An Episode Of A Show Before Bed

Get your mind off of your exam for a 20-minute Friends episode. Have a laugh before you cry in front of your professor.

11. Go Visit A Puppy

Let's be real, this will completely heal you.

12. Take A Deep Breath

As stressful as it is, just try to relax. You won't be able to retain anything if you're having a minor freak out.

Follow these guidelines and you'll pass your finals with flying colors. You can do this.